Cheap Flights to Corfu

Please feel free to talk about anything Corfu related.

Cheap Flights to Corfu

Postby Al » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi All

I was looking for some cheap flights to Corfu last week because a friend said he just booked a flight
to Corfu for £40.00 which I though was very good!! and I was looking to for a short break (4 / 5 days) around July 11th
So I searched and searched and yes I found flights for £49.00 ok a little dearer but still good.
Now comes to the downside to return home the price shoot up to £283.00 per person :shock: Not good !

Why is it they say there a cheap airline ok going one way but coming back it's 6 times the price of going :shock: :shock: :shock:

What experiences have you had trying to get cheap flights, I would like to hear your views or findings
as I'm sure other will also :good2:

Regards

Al :comp:
Al
Admin
Admin

Re: Cheap Flights to Corfu

Postby GJJW » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 am

Hi Al
Quite similar experiences to you - cheap oing out but expensive return.
However, this year we managed to book early and get our return flights to Corfu
with easyjet for just under £600 for al 3 of us which i thought was pretty reasonable.
I believe one of the tricks is to book with one airline going out for their cheap deal, and then search
for another airline's cheap deal to come back. Say Ryanair to go out, and Easyjet, Jet2 or Thomas Cook
to come back.
Happy hunting :good2:
Cheers
GJJW

Postby Al » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi GJJW

Thanks for your reply.

Looks like you got a good deal with your flights, I bet you booked them while back.

I did think of booking one carrier to get us to Corfu and another carrier to return home
but I did wonder about cookie tracking, so when you try to book from the UK just say
Corfu to Bristol you get one price, because it registers that your booking from the UK but if you booked it
from Corfu same as above in registers you looking for flights in Corfu to return to the UK you get a
different price ?????

I will look into different carriers as we did try that one year many moons ago :good2:

Regards

Al :comp:
Al
Admin
Admin

Postby C6Dave » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:40 pm

To get a cheap flight back why not e mail one of the Island Travel agents and ask them to take a look to see what is available and book it?

Gets around the 'cookie' and IP issue :comp:
C6Dave

Postby DaveD » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Ryanair...£24.99 outbound, £99 return from Stanstead to Malta (return is an odd date not 7 or 14 day stay). Strange that init?
DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

cheap flights

Postby azoz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:45 pm

if you are looking for cheap flights you might use travelfox.com/flights is a travel search system where you can search and compare a lot of travel websites for the best deals flights tickets in just some steps.
azoz

Postby janmanessi » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:47 am

some airlines (Easyjet for one) if you ask for a one way flight from Corfu to UK the price will be in Euros not pounds.

With cheap flights in both directions the trick is to book early, as they get more and more expensive as seats are sold, charter flights on the other hand often have xcheap last minute tickets.

Having said that, several people are taking the cheapest Ryanair option- direct from Corfu to UK is costly but go Corfu- Oslo and Oslo to London, and even booking 2 weeks ago for travelling in September it was ridiculously cheap!
janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Community Chat