Eating out in Kalami

Ask a question regarding Kalami, Kaminaki, or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Eating out in Kalami

Postby Lizzidripping » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:09 pm

Eating out in Kalami,is a wonderful experience, as there are three fantastic Tavernas on the beach.

One being the famous White House, where Gerald Durell resided.

Our favourite is the second one, Thomas's place.
The food is cooked fresh,and the service is out of this world! Greek music is played to set the mood, along with candle light, and the moon reflecting on the sea, its so romantic !! :wink:

Take a look . you wont be disappointed ! http://www.Thomasplace.gr

The first Taverna, we have only had coffee in, but we had lovely service, it was also very popular at night!

You can also get a lovely meal at the cocktail and dreams bar,from early in the morning,till late at night..very resonable prices.

Have Fun Lizzi :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lizzidripping

Postby boltonlynda » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:30 am

If theres one thing I can recommend you all pack when visiting Kalami, its - ELASTICATED WAISTS!!! All of the tavernas are fantastic, you will be spoiled for choice. The White House has good food with views to die for at one end of the bay, Thomas Taverna right on the beach in the middle, and the Kalami Bay Taverna is at the opposite end of the beach. All very good value and the fact that they are all busy each night is testament to that. Also, of course, there is the Cocktails and Dreams bar which is part of the Adonis and Asonitis complex. They surely do the best Full English in Greece if thats what you fancy, and the prices are very low indeed.

At the top of the hill, overlooking the headland, is Dimitris taverna. Everyone should make a point of visiting this beautiful place at least once during their holiday because its fantastic. Lovely food, jaw-dropping views and very reasonable prices. There is a noticeboard advertising the place in the village with a phone number - just ring it and someone will come and pick you up and bring you home afterwards.

Our favourite taverna by far, though, is Nikolas Taverna in Agni Bay. I can't recommend this place highly enough, and if you havent been before I suggest you do at the earliest chance you get. You have to book a table at the Kalami Tourist Office in the village (the one down the little side street that leads to the beach) and you can either walk over the hill to Agni, or take a trip on Yiannis' boat. The second option is highly recommended!! You are greeted off the boat by one of Periclis (the owner - Nikolas was his late father) staff and shown to your table. No airs and graces here - you will find people lounging around in shorts and teeshirts till all hours. The menu is very wide and varied, and absolutely fantastic value for money. A real gem worth digging out!!

xxxx
boltonlynda

Postby Lizzidripping » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Thanks Lynda, we have never been to Nikolas, but seen the boat come and go, whilst sitting in Thomas's....seems very popular !

Must try it this year...keep meaning to, but when you are friendly with a place you know how it is..lol

Dimitris looks lovely ,.high up on the road, all dect out with coloured lights . You can see it from the beach.Keep meaning to go there as well.

This time we will !!

Lizzi :D
Lizzidripping

Postby sylvia » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:27 pm

Have visited the White house, but that has been during day trips - its sounds magical at night Lizzi, when you talk about it. Will have to give it a try sometime sooooon.
Sylvia :lol:
sylvia
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby boltonlynda » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Lizzi - I cant believe that you have been to Kalami so many times (how many is it now???) and you have visited neither Dimitris OR Nikolas!!!

Fret not. Help is at hand. If all else fails, Ian and I shall drag you to one of the aforementioned establishments when we are all there later in the year!!!
x
xxx
boltonlynda

Re: Eating out in Kalami

Postby trundle10 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:13 pm

I can understand why you havent eaten at all the local tavernas. We have been going to Kalami for 9 years and love eating at Thomas Place, not only for the superb food but also the Incomparable atmosphere. Any time we eat somewhere else we feel guilty, as if we have cheated on an old friend!!!!!!!
trundle10

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:26 pm

This can be a dilemma at all the resorts. I know where we holiday on the east coast we try and go to a different taverna or restaurant each night, but there are one or two that we frequent more, and then realise on our journey home that we missed that one and missed this one, and do feel guilty. There are so many to choose from, and probably of equal standards, but it is the hold saying, there is not enough time to fit everyone in.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby sunseeker77 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Kalami has been a family favourite of ours for a few years now-it's just so perfect, as you all know!
All the tavernas are great-but why has nobody really mentioned Kalami Beach Taverna (the first one you come to on the road) For us it is the best place for Fish and the quality is superb :)
Has everyone been to 'Summer Dreams' Bar? It is Kalami's secret gem-really! There are big signs advertising it and arrows pointing to the way, you turn right just before the 'Georgotzis' supermarket and walk about a minute up a little path-then when you get there it's so nice!! The pool is free for everyone, and the bar has got such amazing cocktails-different to the normal ones you find everywhere on holiday. They also do meals, so while it's not on the beach it really is a great place to spend a day and an evening-lots of fun games provided by bar staff too! Definitely worth finding out about :)
Wish I could go back right now, don't you all??
sunseeker77

Postby handyman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi sunseeker77.
I've been up at summer dreams bar the last two years ( may and september)!! tell me did Dorina or Eric play my music for you , if so did you like it ???

Erik the Norwegian.

:cool: :good2:
handyman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Kalami and Kaminaki Forum