Hi guys - a newbie here!

Ask a question regarding Kalami, Kaminaki, or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Hi guys - a newbie here!

Postby BlueHeather » Tue May 25, 2010 10:17 am

Thinking of taking a two week break to Kalami early May next year........... can I ask a couple of quick questions of you lot please as you obviously know and love the place
:dup:
Are the few tavernas that are situated in resort always open at the start of the season, also, will the little boat be running to Nicholos ?? Taverna in Agni - and what sort of weather could we hope for early to mid May. Is the resort known for wind?? And will it be exceptionally cool in the evenings? Just back from two weeks in Zante and the first week red hot - second week mixed.....

Any help you can give would be much appreciated. :cool:

Thanks - Heather
BlueHeather

Re: Hi guys - a newbie here!

Postby Chris » Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Not visiting Kalami myself. However I have heard that the tavernas have been open since day one. Whether this continues through the forthcoming years, or whether they close earlier in the season, no one knows. I suppose this depends on the way the financial situation goes on in Greece. Everyone is involved, and pinch is being felt. The boat is still running from Kalami around to Agni Bay for the Nikolas Taverna. For further details check out the link: NIKOLAS TAVERNA.

The weather forecast is very similar to Zakynothos at this time of year. Again for further details of the weather check out this link: CORFU WEATHER FORECAST. You can expand on this and see the past weather for May, and previous May's. Wind can pick up on occasions from the North and North East. Maybe on occasions, a sleeved cardigan or jumper will be needed in the evenings.
Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Kalami and Kaminaki Forum