To Sinarades village

Ask a question regarding Agios Gordios, Pelekas, Glyfada & Sinarades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions

To Sinarades village

Postby hikerroeland » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:27 am

Can someone help me? I would like to take a walk To Sinarades village from Agios Gordios. How far is it to To Sinarades village? What is there to see? and can I take a bus back? Are there maps from walks from Agios gordios ?

thaks
hikerroeland
hikerroeland

Re: To Sinarades village

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:18 am

Sinarades Village is approximately 3km from Agios Gordios, heading in a northerly direction. Looking at the map I have there is one main road to the village, and a coastal walk, which initially will lead you away, but a path will take you back into the village of Sinarades.

There is a bus service that passes through Sinarades, which I believe subsequently passes through Agios Gordios on its return to Corfu Town. You will probably have to confirm this when there. For a bus timetable please take a look at the following link, and then scroll down, CORFU BUS TIMETABLES

Not much happens in Sinarades, as it is one of the few villages that remain untouched by tourism (wish there was a few more). However, it would show a far more realistic attitude towards Greek life, and how the Corfiots live. The village is situated on the side of a mountain, with an alpine look about it. There will be small bars, tavernas, mainly used by the Corfiots, which will be a good thing as you know the food, drink and hospitality will be second to none.

Yeiamas, Chris

[ img ]
The Village Square of Sinarades

[ img ]
A Village Alleyway

[ img ]
The road from Agios Gordios entering Sinarades

[ img ]
Outside the Sinarades Kafeneon.

[ img ]
Sinarades Alley of Flowers.

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby hikerroeland » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks Chris for the great information :grin: I think it will be a nice walk from Agios Gordios :roll:
hikerroeland

Postby Nige » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Heres a link for your walk and otheres around the area. The 1st part of your walk is VERY VERY steep, enjoy!!

http://www.sebastians-taverna.gr/local_activities.htm

Nige...
Nige

Postby hikerroeland » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:51 pm

nigel
great site, to bad the we can't print the walks out :roll:
hikerroeland

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:17 am

Hi Hikerroeland

You can either print from the web page, or copy and paste to your word page, and then print off. If you can manage this, let me know, and I will do this for you and email them to you.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby hikerroeland » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:41 am

Chris
thank you but it wel from the site nigel send http://www.sebastians-taverna.gr/local_activities.htm
that I can't copy or print out? If you can find away let me know?The article from you it isn't a problem :grin: or from the website from Agios Gordios.

thank you
Roeland
hikerroeland

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Roeland.

I can see now that the website restricts anyone from copying from the site. However, if you go to the page you wish to print, click on File, then click on Print. This will change the page to a print page, then click on Print from the box. You get the full A4 sheet with pictures, walking tips, the lot.

If you still have problems printing them, I could copy them back into my system and then email them to you, or send me your address by Private Message, and I will post them for you.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby hikerroeland » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Chris,
it was a great help the information you have me :grin:
Now when we come to Agios Gordios we be able to take the directions with us. :roll:
We really can't wait to come and I hope that the hotel Is great and that it is completely ready then,
and most importen that we have good weather then :wink:
hikerroeland

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Great news, another happy customer. I hope you all have a great time on your holidays, and during your walks. We look forward to hearing all about it on your return, and seeing the photographs in the gallery.

Have fun.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Agios Gordios. Pelekas, Glyfada & Sinarades Forum