TRIP

Ask a question regarding Agios Gordios, Pelekas, Glyfada & Sinarades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions

TRIP

Postby hikerroeland » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

When we are in Agios Gorios we are makking a trip to the northeast and one to the northwest,we would also like to make a trip from Agios gordios to the south ,can anyone help me ? I would like to see a little of corfu life also Churches are of inrest and naturally nature.Can anyone give me ideas??
Thanks Roeland
hikerroeland

Re: TRIP

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi Roeland.

Well, you have one of four options really Roeland.

(1) You can hire a car for any amount of the days you are staying on Corfu. You are usually supplied with a very good map of Corfu. With that and local knowledge you will be able to visit as many places as you wish at your own leisure.

(2) Visit your local Tour/Travel Shop in Agios Gordios where you will be able to pick up information of all the excursions by coach and boat to various sites of interest on Corfu. Each trip will cost. Some trips are cheap, and others can be on the expensive side if you have a family. This is why (1) is the better option.

(3) Using the Public Transport on the island will get you to most places, but will mean changing buses or geting buses into Corfu Town and other major resorts to change to other buses for onward routing. A Corfu Bus Timetable can be found at this link: CORFU BUS TIMETABLE AND ROUTES

(4) The last option is walking. There are many walks trails available on Corfu which take you further into the island, through villages not normally visited by tourists. More details can be found at the following link: CORFU TRAILS AND WALKS

I hope this is of some help for you. If you need any more information please get back to me, and we can research some more for you. Do not forget to browse the pages of this forum, you might find other things that will be of interest to you.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby hikerroeland » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 am

Cris we are renting a car for 3days so one day we are exploring the northeast second day we plan on exploring the northwest. I have maked maps of these and what I schould see. I would like to do the same with the south starting at Agios Gordios but I cann't seem to find enough information and what road I schould travel?
Thank you for your fast reply
Roeland
hikerroeland

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi Roeland.

There are narrow track roads that run south along the coast from Agios Gordios, with two more larger roads running south but more inland, this will bring you to Agios Mattheos, continuing on down to Ano Messonghi, which will lead you to the Lake Korrission which is one of the largest Natural and Wildlife areas on the island. The Lake is separate from the sea by a thin strip of sand and dunes, and is a saltwater lake. Many species of birds, and other wildlife and fauna can be found at Lake Korrission. Continue your journey down to Agios Georgios, and through to Kavos and Lefkimmi.

I hope this gives some idea of what is on this route, although there will be much more including Churches and old villages, where you can stop off for drinks and a bit to eat.

I must emphasise you will need a good map.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby hikerroeland » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks again chris for the information
Roeland
hikerroeland

Postby Al » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi

Chris wrote:Continue your journey down to Agios Georgios, and through to Kavos and Lefkimmi.

If you did visit Agios Georgios there is a road which takes you over the hill from one coast line to the other,
If you ask a local I'm sure you will be pointed in the right direction.

By doing that you would be able to visit Boukari, Messonghi, Moraitika,Benitses & New Marina, Gastouri with beautiful views across to Mouse Island then back into Corfu Town.

[ img ]

Regards

Al :cool:
Al
Admin
Admin

Return to Agios Gordios. Pelekas, Glyfada & Sinarades Forum