Flights 2009

This forum if for you to post prices of every day Items in Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and so much more.

Flights 2009

Postby Etsiketsi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:19 pm

We have booked our Flights for 2009 from Bristol to Corfu in September. Cost £446 for the two of us.

Not bad eh?

Rog
Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Flights 2009

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Should have looked here first for the answer to my question in your other post on flight prices. Cheers Roger.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Yesterday we received information from our friend Ozzy from Corfu regarding the airline, Aegean Airlines, regarding flights from Stanstead to Corfu, via Athens. Having looked at the link, I thought it would be give a separate note on the said link for all to see (as well as the link in the thread "News from Corfu").

The link is as follows, and can also be found in the Corfu Links section as a further reminder.

AEGEAN AIRLINES BOOKING

As I said, I had a look, and put in a booking request for the beginning of September next year, and got a quote back of around £190 (€240), dependant on exchange rates. Nevertheless, a good price. One does not have to bother about baggage as it is handled within Athens during the change over. There is a wait in Athens, but it is during the day, both ways. Arrival and Departure times are good also.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bruceandmaria » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:35 pm

I will certainly keep my eye on Aegean, Just priced up my flights for July/August for four weeks and it's coming out at £415 for the two of us thats half the price of any of the big airlines are asking.....

All I have to do know is wait until Easyjet release their flights from Gatwick to Corfu, which should be about the 1st of December and see what they are charging.

Bruce
bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby bruceandmaria » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Also if you fly Aegean, being a internal flight it will mean you use the internal arrivals and departures at Corfu Airport which is a lot quieter than the main International side of the airport.

Bruce
bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi Bruce & Maria.
You have no doubt seen from my other posts regarding Easyjet. It is swings and roundabouts at the moment as to whether they will or will not be flying to Corfu. I had an email regarding 2009 Flights for Turkey, Crete etc, but nothing was mentioned about Corfu. I have had conflicting emails about Corfu. I suppose it is just a case of wait and see.

That is a good price you have got there from Aegean anyway.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bruceandmaria » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:14 am

Hi Chris.

This may be of interest concerning Easyjet along with other airlines buying Gatwick.

VIRGIN AND EASYJET IN GATWICK BID

Bruce
bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:12 pm

I can recall both companies mentioning it before when BAA first mentioned about selling Gatwick off. It could be a good thing, but I fear it may open up the gateways for Easyjet to take up long haul, and maybe drop the short haul flights such as Corfu. There was something on the news bulletin the other day regarding this action by Easyjet. Needless to say, we can only but wait to see what happens on both accounts. It would be wrong of Easyjet to drop such destinations as Corfu having bolstered up the route throughout 2008.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Searching and reading other websites I have found the following regarding a new flight only airline, Kiss Flights. All the prices are competitive, I have some doubts which you can read for yourself. One in particular is that they ATOL cover for 25000 seats, but offer 135000+ for next year.

From the first link it appears that some one from XL Management has taken over with Kiss, through Meridian Aviation. See what some Ex XL employees have to say in comments on this page. Kiss being part of the Viking Group, all flights appear to have the Viking coding.

KISS FLIGHT NEWS

This next link is the Kiss Booking. First return flights in May 2009 (Flight Only) is £226 per person, £370 in August, and £230 in September. In my opinion, not a great difference from others.

KISS FLIGHT BOOKINGS

Just a case of wait and see.

Yeiamas,
Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Being concerned about certain factors that have come to light. One in particular caught my eye with Kiss Flights. On one website it states it has an ATOL Licence for 25000 seats, yet on the Booking Website it is offering, 137000 holidays. That is 137000 bottoms on 25000 insured seats in case of another XL scenario. I have therefore emailed Kiss Flights with the following question

I reperesent various websites in respect of holidays to destinations in Corfu. I am interested in your schedules for next year as I a number of our members are frequent flyers to this island. Having looked at your Booking website, and ULookUBook.com regarding the Kiss website. It states that you have an ATOL Licence for 25000 holidays, yet when looking at your booking website, it offers upto 137000 holidays for 2009. Who decides which ones are not ATOL covered.

In light of recent matters such as XL, many potential holidaymakers will be very apprehensive in booking without the assurity of being covered in the event of another collapse.

Can you assure me that this is not the case.

Kind regards
Christopher Way

If and when I get a reply, I will post the answer on this thread.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:58 pm

This the reply I received back from Kiss, which in my opinion has opened up a lot more questions regarding their figures, and the assurity of those seats that they are not selling. I will respond to this email, and copy to this thread.

Yeiamas, Chris

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for your interest in Kiss Flights.
We are a seat only tour operator which has allocation on the flights you see through our website. Other tour operators will have been provided with seats on the flights also. Therefore we do not have all the seats on every flight we advertise meaning we do not have 137,000 seats for sale.
Bookings made through Kiss Flights will be covered by our ATOL licence 9853.
If you have any further questions please let me know.
Yours Sincerely,
Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:00 pm

This is the email I have sent back to Kiss. I think in a roundabout way I have got the questions across that need answering. Let us see what this brings back.

Yeiamas, Chris

Thank you for your speedy response. However, I am at a loss as to how one works out the number of seats available which will be under the ATOL system. I can establish that Kiss, although being flight only will have their seats covered. However, if Kiss are only using 25000 seats, what guarantee do we have that the others will be ATOL registered. Here I would like to point out, in the XL crisis, those who booked through other operators, according to paperwork were ATOL registered, but did not receive any support or compensation because they were flight only.

Looking at figures just from Gatwick for 2009. Kiss advertises 20 flights a week to various destinations as listed. None are dual stops, just straight flights from LGW to a destination. If as notified, Kiss will be using Boeing 737 - 800 series aircraft. This has a seating capacity of 189 passengers if flying at a single class useage, less if using a two class system. Going on the one class system, 20 flights per week, with 189 passengers = 3700 passengers per week. Over a season of 22 weeks = 83160 passengers.

Moving on to Manchester, Kiss advertise 19 flights a week, to similar destinations with some variations. Using the same figures above, 19 flights per week, with 189 passengers = 3591, over a season of 22 weeks = 79002 passengers.

This is a total of 162162 passengers throughout 2009. You have stated that you will be using 25000 seats, which leaves a deficit of some 137162 seats for sale. Or in your words for other airlines to use. Admittedly, some of these airlines could be of a package deal, which will be fully ATOL protected, but we have not assurity that the others, or all if flight only will have that insurance.

Why is Kiss only using 25000. If there are 39 flights per week, over a 22 week period = 858 flights, then this equivalent to 29 passengers per flight. 160 seats remaining on each flight.

Our next question is, if these seats are not filled, then inevitably flights will be cancelled.

I appreciate it is a lot of questions, but in light of the XL fiasco, many 2009 passengers will be very cautious on booking and will want all the assurities possible to ensure they do not have the same problems next year. There is evidence that Kiss have taken a number of the XL slots. What assurance can Kiss give.

Kind Regards
Christopher Way
Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:23 pm

This is the email response I received from Kiss Flights today. No confirmation of figures put to them, or any other reasons as to what may happen to the other seats. I am now going to email Meridian Aviation UK Ltd, to see if they can shed any light on the remainder of the seats available on these aircraft, and who is taking them up. Some one has too, a flight is not going to fly with 20 odd people onboard. Watch this space.

Yeiamas, Chris

Dear Christopher,
I am writing further to my previous e-mail and to aid in the clarification of Kiss Flights as a seat only tour operator.
We have been set up by Meridian Aviation UK Ltd who provides us with a variety of flexible allocations to sell under our ATOL licence for our charter programme. They will also provide seats on those same aircraft to other tour operators for which we are not responsible for and cannot comment on their own ATOL arrangements.
I trust this now answers your question.
Yours Sincerely,
Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bruceandmaria » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Result....I've Just paid £370 to Easyjet for four weeks for two people from 28th July until 25th August 2009....That's a lot better than Thomsonfly wanted, theirs was coming out at nearly £900 for the same four weeks..and Easyjet's prices for next year are better than I paid Thomsonfly for this years flights which was £467 for four weeks..

Now as long as the Pound doesn't drop any lower than 1£=1€, things should be OK..

Bruce :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi Bruce & Maria.

You have a good price there for the two of you. It goes to show how they work though. I put in the same details, and I got a price for £410. So I think it does rise as tickets are sold. However, there is some good prices from Easyjet. You will see from my post in the Easyjet thread, (Pool Side), Thomas Cook are selling Easyjet tickets, and there is around a £30 to £60 difference in prices. Third parties.

Hope you are both well. Keep in touch.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Corfu Prices