Currency Advice

This forum if for you to post prices of every day Items in Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and so much more.

Re: Currency Advice

Postby WF1 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Agreed on the ATM's, I will have some Euros and a pre paid FX card :suun:
WF1

Postby mitera » Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Its as i have said .. surely this will not happen overnight.. im taking Euros , the rate is not bad at the moment, last year when we went it was 1.12 its now 1.219 so things are looking up on that front yahoo: so im going im spending my Euros and if they dont want them , tuff !!!, i will find somewhere in Kefalonia who does,as far as im concerned the Greeks will take my Euros then if the worst comes to the worst they will take them to the bank and change them.
mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby C6Dave » Fri May 18, 2012 8:23 am

GJJW wrote:With all due respect afcb1965, people are worried because the news, media from the UK and the rest of Europe does not make good viewing if you are planning to spend your hard earned money and holiday time in Greece this year.

I'm not worried in the slightest about the situation in Corfu and can't wait for the flight to Corfu on Monday morning and to see all my friends in Kassiopi.

It's a long way from Athens which people seem to forget.

If you believed everything you read in the press you would never go anywhere and become a hermit.
C6Dave

Postby GJJW » Fri May 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Well good for you C6Dave! If only we were all the same eh?
What Corfu not being close to Athens has got to do with things I don't know asthe island is still governed from there.
Trust me, I don't believe everything I read in the press, but I have very good friends in Acharavi who pass on information
to me. In fact my Mother in law has just come back from Corfu and the taverna oweners were advising her on what currency
to take out in August. There is concerns - no matter how much you love Corfu.
GJJW

Postby mitera » Fri May 18, 2012 5:07 pm

I have spoken with a Greek friend in Kefalonia today and he says that he feels this will not happen in the summer season while the tourists are there, he would like to see the return of the Drachama as it wouild be ideal for everyone, but he doesnt see this being possible for now .he also said What you hear from the BBC and CNN have nothing to do with reality here, unfortunately, just a propaganda. Now my friend is a business man so i would hope hes in the loop about all this, so hopefully this will put your minds at rest for the time being , as i said im taking Euros, im sure theY wouldnt take Scottish money anyway !!! :shock:
mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Chris » Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Thank you Tony for putting this matter into the right prospective. My initial response was taken from the BBC and interview with Simon Calder who indicated it was adviseable to take smaller denominations of euros to ensure no problems as there maybe a possibility that larger notes would be awkward to change. I have been meaning to contact you on this, but have had other matters at home to deal with. Cheers again, and do please keep us updated.

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby afcb1965 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 am

Slightly off topic but, Why would germany allow greece to leave the euro, Whilst greece is dragging the euro down daily germany as an exporting country are rubbing there hands, it's making all there exports cheaper for the uk,usa,japan and everywhere else. Call me a conspiracy person but i think germany has engineered alot of the problems ie greece never being allowed to get out of debt.
afcb1965

Previous

Return to Corfu Prices