advice on dassia

Ask a question regarding Dassia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

sparkle29

advice on dassia

Post by sparkle29 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 am

hello,
Firstly can i say what a great idea this site is. I was over joyed to come across it.

I am travelling to Dassia on the 3rd of august with my little girl. I am worried as we are travelling alone.We are stayng in the Telemachos Hotel which i have read some awful things about on the internet.Does anyone know anything about this hotel?
Also does anyone know roughly how much money i will need to take for the two weeks? We are all inclusive but i do plan on eating out at least four evenings and i would also like to take my daughter to aqua land in the middle of the holiday for her birthday.
Thankyou for reading this
Sparkle x

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: advice on dassia

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:41 am

Hi Sparkly & Daughter,
First things first. Corfu is very very safe for travellers on their own, or as in your case a single parent and daughter. In fact to be honest, you will probably be treated with more care than a group with men in them. The Corfiots are very protective of women and children, so you have no worries on that score. Secondly, you will meet many other groups on your holiday, and will all be joining in the fun that is awaiting you both.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2m6po2w.jpg http://i41.tinypic.com/300s1gi.jpg

This is the Telemachos Hotel in Dassia, showing the hotel, pool area and rooms. Situated in a quiet area of Dassia, near the centre of the village, 450m from beach, 200m from the centre and 12km from Corfu Town, a great base to explore Corfu. The accommodation is located on a hill, so maybe difficult for those who have problems with walking. Taxis from the resort to the hotel will be very cheap. I really do not believe in other peoples reviews regarding hotels, invariably it just those who like to whinge, and those who expect a £1000 holiay for £199. A holiday, and the facilities you use is what you make of it. Invariably you spend most of the day out of the hotel, and return to sleep and in your case to eat on occasions. I have stayed in hotels on Corfu that had bad reviews, and I can assure you we have had a great time, and the hotel has been great.

Money. As you are AI, you will obviously not need as much money as those who are B&B or SC. On average, a meal out in the evening for two including drinks will be around €30 for two courses. Some places a little more, some a little less. During the day, when I have been AI or Half Board, I have made a Doggy Bag at breakfast to use during the day. Some rolls, boiled eggs, a bit of salad, some cold meats. So really you need to work out how many times you will be eating out to add up that amount. Tours and Excursions again vary in prices. Depending on what you want to do, tickets can be between €10 and €30 each. Aqualand tickets which you can book from your local Travel Shop in Dassia or at the hotel, will be around €30 for adults, and about a third less for kids. You may find a taxi is cheaper, check it out, see if anyone else wants to share. Entrance fee is around €18 for adults and a third less for children. If you go after 2.30pm, it is cheaper. It is a great day out, and a must for all. Another alternative is to take the No7 Blue bus to Corfu Town, cost at the most a couple of Euros. Takes about 30 minutes, and they run every 20 minutes. From Corfu Town take the No8 Blue Bus, to Agios Ioannis (Aqualand), via Afra. Again, one or two Euros, and about 20 minutes. A cheap trip, and you get to see a bit of Corfu. In total, I would recommend taking €1000, and a Credit or Debit Card to use in the ATMs if you should need more. Remember you will get charged for using ATMs unlesss you are with the Nationwide.

Corfu Town is a great place to visit. Specially an evening visit. Lots of shops open until late all situated in Old Corfu, in lanes and alleyways. All lit up with all wears hanging outside shops. Leather good, lace, jewellry, china, art, and much more. Plenty of Restaurants and Tavernas to choose from, and then a relaxing evening with a drink at the Liston looking over the forts and old Corfu. Again the No7 Blue Bus will get you there, and the last one back is at 1030pm from San Roco Square.

CORFU BUS TIMETABLES

If there is anymore information you need to know, then do please get back to me.

Yeiamas, Chris

sparkle29

Post by sparkle29 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Chris,
Thankyou so much for taking the time to read my post and to give me all of the great advice and info.
I feel so much better now about the trip and am really looking foward to it.The pictures look really nice and the bus timetable is a real help.
I will definatly be visiting Corfu Town.It sounds very interesting and of course being female i do love to shop! :wink: .
Thanks once again for all of your help.
Sparkle x

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 am

My pleasure Sparkle. If there is anything else you need to know, just fire away, I will be here to help. All we ask, if possible on your return is to give a review, and maybe upload some photos of your venture, to the gallery. We are here to help.

Yeiamas, Chris