Motorbikerental?

Ask a question regarding Gouvia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

vetalt

Motorbikerental?

Post by vetalt » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Ive rented motorbikes before in Gouvia, fra a guy called Alex..is he still around? If so, is it still the place to rent bikes?
I also wonder how much it is to rent bike from 125 cc and down to 50...?
I also wonder how much it is for a taxi from gouvia to Corfu town...?

cheers :grin:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Motorbikerental?

Post by Chris » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Vetalt.

The cost of a Taxi to Corfu Town is approximately €15 each way now, which is not bad if there is a few of you in the cab. But remember you can get a bus virtually outside the Telesilla on the main road. A Blue Bus No7, runs about every 20 minutes and costs €1 or €2 each way, and takes about 30 minutes depending on traffic. The bus takes you to San Roco Square. Here is a link to the Bus Timetables, CORFU BUS TIMETABLES]. Scroll down for the Blue Bus No7. The times are from Corfu Town.

I am not sure about Alex Motorbikes, but Captain Spiros who's family run the Boat Trips from the Marina have a motor bike shop in Kontokali. At the traffic lights on the main road, coming from the AB Supermarket, turn left and follow the road for about 200m, the hire shop is on the right hand side. Prices I am not sure of now, but he has always been reasonable, and the bikes are well maintained.

Yeiamas, Chris

vetalt

Post by vetalt » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Thank you very much Chris ! This time we will stay at Villa Rosa in gouvia, but i guess the deal with the bus is the same...

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 pm

No problem. As you come out of Gouvia on to the main road, the bus stops are right there for both outbound and return bus trips. Should be no extra cost in fares.

Yeiamas, Chris

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:16 pm

FerryT, DONT let him any where near motorcycles! I have been biking since 1966 but would Never ever consider riding in Greece without ALL my bike gear. Seen it so many times on holiday, holiday maker bikers walking around bandaged up when they should be in hospital. Keep Well Away, and check your insurance warning notice. :ddown: