Need some help ...bar in Gouvia

Ask a question regarding Gouvia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

violetflame

Need some help ...bar in Gouvia

Post by violetflame » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 am

Hi everybody, i'm new here. This forum is very interesting fr me, as I would love to move to Corfu next year with my husband and my 16-month-old daughter (we're Italian) . We have seen a nice opportunity of renting a bar in Gouvia, we still have to go there and visit it. I was just wondering if the area is crowded only in the summer period or all the year round. Do you think it is worth it to rent such a business? Unfortunately we don't know the island yet, even though we've seen many other Greek Islands. And we are definitely in love with Greece!
Thank you soooo much!

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Need some help ...bar in Gouvia

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Violet Flame

I don't know Gouvia very well apart from the fact that my friend Spiros Mazis owns the Park Hotel one of the largeest Hotels in Gouvia.

I can tell you from my own experience of Liapades that an English Friend who now lives there has a bar that she runs as a Local Greek Taverna. In the summer she gets the tourists as customers and in the winter it is mainly local people. She operates and charges local prices at all times to ensure the locals use her. The Visitors often use the principle that if a Greek uses a Taverna/Restaurant then it must be good as locals insist on the best quality and service. You might not make as much money in the holiday season but you will have a year round business.

Rog