Walking in Corfu

Ask a question regarding Gouvia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Lucciola

Walking in Corfu

Post by Lucciola » Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Corfu is best seen from the inside out and with that i mean, walking the old cobbled mull paths that once used to be the mane high ways between villages. There is a long distance foot path which takes you from the souther most tip of the island to the northern most (you could do it the other way round but it doesn't make as much sense, physically). This is known as the corfu trail and if you google it you ll be directed to the site of this NGO. When you do come to corfu and you want some more detailed information drop by our organic bistro called Lucciola in the area of Sgombou, 2.5k north from Gouvia towards Paleokastritsa and i d be happy to help you plan any walks. I use to be a tour leader guiding these walks and have a good sense of it. Have a good stay.
Daphne

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Walking in Corfu

Post by Chris » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:43 pm

The Corfu Trail is over 140 miles, but is split down into to shorter trails which hikers tend to do in steps. It is for walking, rambling, but not motorised vehicles. The route is through much of the country side and smaller inland villages. Wildlife is in abundance on Corfu which includes birds, snakes, and much flora and fauna. For more information, see this link: CORFU TRAIL GUIDE and CORFU TRAIL MAP