Excursions from Gouvia

Ask a question regarding Gouvia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Excursions from Gouvia

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:33 pm

hihihi Yolanda, thank you for returning to the Corfu Holiday Forum. There are many trips and excursions that can be organised from Gouvia, by both boat and coach.

In answer to your question you can contact Captain Spiros or his family either at the pier in Gouvia Marina, which is situated about half way between Gouvia and Kontokali, or at the local grocery store, and Travel Shop, or you can contact Captain Spiros or family on the following Corfu telephone number 00306944265825. Trips are made to Kassiopi (Tue & Frid), stop for 2.5hrs for lunch and shopping, stopping at other resorts outbound and homebound, cost approx €17.

Other trips include, a Beach BBQ at Agios Stefanos Beach on (Mon, Wed, Thur, Sat), all day, cost €20, which includes plenty of food, and wine. Well recommended. The next one is a must Corfu Town by Night ( Tue and Fri ). Well recommended, and a must. Departs at 1815 sailing from Gouvia, past Vidos Island, then close to the two Forts in Corfu town. Carry on south to Mouse Island returning to Corfu Town where you will have a couple of hours to stroll around the alley ways and shops of the town. Sailing from Corfu Town returning to Gouvia at 2300. Cost of this trip €11.

Transport to and from the hotel to the pier can be arranged courtesy of Captain Spiros if known in advance. Here is a map of Gouvia. Captain Spiros runs his boats from the pier marked Water Sports.

GOUVIA MAP

Coach trips, there are many to choose from, and all will pick up from your hotel, or very near by. The best place to arrange these are at the Travel Shop which is situated at the end of the town, near to the main road that by passes both Gouvia and Kontokali. Trips can be made to Corfu Town, Mount Pantokrator, Achillion Palace, other resorts, Aqualand (if you like that sort of thing).

To see more of Corfu Town it is recommended to get a bus into town about 5pm. Takes about 20 - 30 minutes, and costs about €1. You can then stroll at leisure around town, do some shopping, have dinner, and then sit on the Liston and watch the people of Corfu stroll buy. The last bus back is at 10pm, but a taxi will only cost about €12-€15 back to Gouvia. Probably need with all the shopping.

I am not quite sure, but I believe the Park Hotel is straight up from the beach on the map, to the right.

I hope this is helpful. If you need any further information, do get back to me.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:57 pm

hihihi Yolanda. Looking at the map, you will see the Pharmacy/Clinic sign (Green Cross). The Travel Shop is/was on the opposite corner.

Am I to understand that you yourself are not going to Gouvia, and trying to arrange all this before your parents departure or are you going to. If you are going, a lot of this can be arranged at the hotel, but for cheaper costs it is always better to deal direct with the Travel Shop and Captain Spiros. The hotel will direct you also.

I will see if I can find an address, telephone or email address for you of the Travel Shop. Get back soon.

Yeiamas, Chris

brian

Post by brian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 pm

hihihi Yolanda,
As Chris says, the Travel Shop is in the first block of buildings on the left as you leave the Main Road entering into Gouvia at the DiEllas junction...It is situated just past the Cigarette Kiosk, and is between the Pharmacy and the Aglio Olio Italian Restaurant.

The lady who works in there is English(I think) so you should have no problems in that respect. I will endeavour to find a contact telephone number asap. :?: :?:

Best regards Brian

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:49 pm

thanky0u Brian. Two heads are better than one. I can not seem to find anything on the internet relating to Travel Shop. I have emailed other places to see if they can find details for the site.

Yeiamas, Chris

brian

Post by brian » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Here we go folks...

The travel shop is called TRUST TRAVEL..tel. 2661091519

Two English girls are working there at the moment:-

Jackie :Monday-Thursday
Denise: Other Mornings

Opening hours are 0830-1530

The lady who supplied the information lives directly opposite, and seems to think there will be no problems. :D :D

Best regards Brian

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:47 pm

We must have the same source of information Brian. Exactly what I got. Thanks for posting it up mate. Cheers.

Yolanda anything else you need before the off, during and after, do let us know. Hope we get to hear about your parents holiday, and see some wonderful pictures.

Yeiamas, Chris

Nadia12

Post by Nadia12 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi, I was reading your posts on Gouvia and excursions therefrom since I'm coming there together with the basketball team I play with end of August. This is meant to be a holiday for the whole team (14 of us), however I would like to pre-book some excursions in advance in order to put my mind at rest. We will be staying at Park Hotel in Gouvia. Any suggestions on excursions? For instance to go to the Aqualand park, I'll easily find transport to take us? Wht about nightlife in Gouvia?

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:32 pm

hihihi Nadia12

I would not miss Aqualand you will a fantastic time as so will the whole team for sure!!
If you go after 15-00 you get a 25% discount and there is still plenty of time to get around the park and go on all the slides

As for other trips I would suggest a trip to Corfu town either by boat or coach day or night
also a boat trip but I am not sure what goes from Gouvia area.

I would try to book trip independently where possible as this will be cheaper for you, as brian (thank you brian) said above try contacting a local travel agent like >>

The travel shop is called TRUST TRAVEL..tel. 2661091519

Two English girls are working there at the moment:-

Jackie :Monday-Thursday
Denise: Other Mornings

Opening hours are 0830-1530

from the UK the dail code is 0030 then the number above

All the Best Al 8)

Nadia12

Post by Nadia12 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks a lot for your help