Running / cycling from Gouvia

Ask a question regarding Gouvia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Fugly

Running / cycling from Gouvia

Post by Fugly » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:58 am

Hi All,

We will be staying in Gouvia for 16 days in July / August this year (the first time I'll have been back to Corfu since May 1983, when we watched Brighton nearly beat Man Utd in the FA Cup Final in a bar in what was a very small Sidari in those days).

Anyway, my question - does anyone have any experience of running / cycling / walking from Gouvia? Ideally I'd like to get hold of a fairly detailed map of the area, but any information about the availability of bikes to hire etc would be useful.

Unfortunately I'm one of those sad people who can't do without a regular fix of sweat and exercise!

Excellent site by the way - really useful.

Fugly o:)

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Running / cycling from Gouvia

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:55 am

Fugly

Detailed Maps of the Island were unobtainable on the Island and to even ask for one brought suspicion downa on you. This was due to the siting of some military bases on Corfu.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:33 pm

hihihi Fugly.

There are some good OS Maps that you can purchase in the UK, but one I would recommend can be brought on Corfu. Look for the Road Editions’ 301 Kerkyra Corfu map. Its scale is 1:70000 and very similar to the British OS Maps. There is not much in the way of walking or cycling trails in and around Gouvia, but the island being small, many can be reached easily. I have placed some links below. Tours can be arranged to get you to the walks.

CORFU TRAIL - TRAIL MAP

LEMONHOUSE WALKS

CORFU WALKS

I hope this is of help to you. If you need anymore advise do please let me know.

Yeiamas, Chris

Fugly

Post by Fugly » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:46 am

Thank you all very much - I will certainly follow up your suggestions.

Fugly