Taxi Or Coach To Gouvia For Transfers

Ask a question regarding Gouvia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: TAXI OR COACH TO GOUVIA FOR TRANSFERS

Post by Al » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi tazybnt

I too hate the drop offs when on coach transfers, Gouvia is only about 30 Min's from the Airport so should not be too bad and the coach transfer is included as part of your holiday package (I think) so in essence you have already paid for your transfer.

But if you don't want to wait you could jump in a taxi and get to the resort / Hotel quicker.
If you do decide to get a Taxi be sure to notify the tour Rep just in case they wait around for you....and your are already on a sun lounger :?

The Taxi rank is just outside the terminal and I wound not think you will have a problem getting one as normally there is plenty of taxi's there (dependent on your arrival time)

Cheers

Al 8)

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Tazybnt

If there isn't a Courtesy Coach I would take a Taxi but, agree the price before you leave the Airport. It takes us about 35 mins to get from Corfu Town to Liapades and that is the other side of the Island.

Best of luck and enjoy your holiday.

Rog

brian

Post by brian » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi, all,
Just back from a very enjoyable two weeks in Gouvia, which incidentally does seem busier this year than previously. :(

We travel independently and always take a Taxi which this year was €20 each way.

As Al says, the Taxi Rank is just outside the terminal building slightly to the left of the Exit doors. When you return, the Taxi Rank in Gouvia can be found next to the Church.Also, your Hotel may be able to book a taxi on your behalf.

The journey should should take about 15min. to Gouvia, and is always an exhilarating experience along the coast road.

I think the coaches tend to drop off in Gouvia first as this is the nearest resort to the Airport, but the danger is that you may have to sit on the coach for a while waiting for holidaymakers going to other resorts.

Again, if you do decide to take a Taxi, please remember to notify your Rep.

Regards Brian

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Our first visit we stuck to the transfer as it was our first visit. However, I was not too happy about sitting on the coach waiting for hanger ons and other flights to fill the coach. The next time I booked a taxi to Gouvia, far better, although as Brian says, can be hair raising. Twenty minutes and your there. You can book taxi's from the UK, but no need really, there is plenty outside, and they flow regularly. If you do have transfer as part of your package, do let your rep know that you are taking a taxi, otherwise they will delay the coach even further whilst they look for you and check you out. Remind the rep for the return journey also.

The return journey is definately a taxi journey for me. You get there before the coaches, get sorted, and then relax whilst the larger groups hussle for positions.

The short distance to Gouvia or Kontokali is worth the €18 - €20 each way.

Yeiamas, Chris