Lofus Apartmentments

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Lofus Apartmentments

Post by mitera » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi , i have stayed in Solaris a couple of times , but would like some info on Lofus apartments please , they seem to have a good write up .. not sure about the hill though ive never seent them but have read the hill is pretty big :???: thanks Susie x :cool: :cool:

Alecko

Re: Lofus Apartmentments

Post by Alecko » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 am

Hi Susie,
sorry I cannot help you but I know lots of people who have stayed there and speak very highly of them.

Alec.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:50 am

hiya mitera

I have been looking tonight and all I can find is reviews which most probably you have already read.
We have not stayed there personally.

Sorry I cant help

Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 am

Hi Susie.

Have you seen this link I added to the Kassiopi Links sometime back. Not having stayed there myself, but from reading the reviews on other websites, and reading this link, I do not think you will have any problems.

LOFUS APARTMENTS

Yeiamas, Chris

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Chris , yes i have seen the link before but thanks for the help , i know it should be fine as it has a good enough write up so well , we just have to hope the hill isnt toooooooooooooooo big :lol: :lol: :???: i like Kassiopi and have been before but dont remember seeing them , thanks again :cool: :cool:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:13 pm

I would imagine the best person to advise you on that would be Bruce (Bruce & Maria). Bruce will leave a message on his next visit.

Yeiamas, Chris

raymondo

Post by raymondo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:45 pm

JUST RETURNED FROM KASSIOPPI 5TH JUNE WE HAD FRIENDS STAYING AT LOFUS EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY SPECTACULAR VIEWS AND ACCOM BIT OF A HILL LAST 20YRDS BUT TAXIS WILL TAKE YOU UP THE HILL AFTER A LONG DAY !!!!!! for only5euros WELL RECOMMENDED

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:43 pm

BLIMEY ..didnt think the brae was 20 yards :lol: was hoping it was a bit less oh well we see , not paying a fiver for a lift up a wee hill :lol: but i have been to Kassiopi before so hope it isnt too far away think i know where it is .. thanks fir the info :cool: :cool:

guenuk

Post by guenuk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm not paying 5 euros either, I'll struggle up if it kills me :mrgreen: , I'm wondering what its like at night if the area is well lit or not, I'm taking a torch in case, I'm always covered for all possibilities. I've been checking the weather reports, looks very nice, easily in the 80's. Can't believe I'm going to be there this saturday, Iits only sunk in I'm actually going this week becos I've been so busy at work.

My only worry is the way the accomodation has been worked out, apparently I have to vacant my apartment on the 19th at 12.00 but I don't actually travel untill early hours of the 20th June, this little scam is run also by thomas cook, so basically you get charged for the extra night, not too happy with that but I'll have to see if I can keep my apartment for the extra night when I get there.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:38 pm

guenuk wrote:My only worry is the way the accomodation has been worked out, apparently I have to vacant my apartment on the 19th at 12.00 but I don't actually travel untill early hours of the 20th June, this little scam is run also by thomas cook, so basically you get charged for the extra night, not too happy with that but I'll have to see if I can keep my apartment for the extra night when I get there.

This is normal practice guenuk. One has to realise, although your flight out is in the early hours of the 20th, that same flight would have come in before with more holidaymakers, some going to your hotel I expect, as will others from other flights. Although you vacate your room at 1200, I would imagine with an early flight you will leave by coach around 11pm to midnight maybe. The hotel will not doubt have somewhere where you can put your cases safe until ready. Some may allow you to use a room to freshen up. One can always ask. In the meantime, you can go off into the resort and enjoy a last few hours. No need to book an extra day on the room.

Yeiamas, Chris

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Genuk

I sympathise with your predicament. This is one of the reasons we book direct with the owners of our Hotel. No matter what time our flight is, we always have a room, with shower, at our disposal right up to about an hour before our flight leaves.

Rog

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi guenuk

When you arrive I would have a chat to the hotel owners to see if you can keep your room for longer thus allowing you to freshen up and maybe take a nap before you depart for the airport, he may charge you a few euros, but well worth it !!

I know you dont want to talk about coming home when you have just got there but I am sure this is the best way to go about it because if three or four families ask the same question there may not be a room for you come the end of your hols so get in first I say :grin:

Don't forget to pop back to let us know how you got on and you could if you wish upload a photo or two :dup: for the gallery for others to see and share the beauty of Corfu

Hope you have a Great Holiday

Regards

Al :cool:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Guenuk, i know what you mean we were in Ag Gordios last year and asked to keep our room for a few hours and was charged 35 euros ,miserable sod wouldnt even give us fresh towels so we could shower , or use the pool , i mean how can we use our own towels then pack them soaking wet . anyway we had already found the linen cupboard it was underneath my apartment :lol: so i just pinched a couple and used them as i had done earlier in the holiday :oops: :oops: , seeing as you only get your towels changed a couple of times a week which i find disgusting as when its so hot you need to shower twice a day , the towels are minging even if you wash them out which you shouldnt have to for the price we pay , so i dont mind paying if you still get the facilities , we were told , that he lets us still have use of the pool .. huh anyone can come in and use it (grrrrrrr another bug bare of mine .. lets not go there ) so depends where you go we have had use of our room for nothing before , or for a nominal fee , so ask , lofos sounds great im sure you will be fine . see you there 15th Susie :cool: :cool:

Nige

Post by Nige » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Should have stayed at Sebastians Suzy, towels and bed changed every day except Sunday, free to keep a room. Same at Katerinas where we stayed for our last 10 days, daughter and boyfriend flew back late that night, studio given free of charge to them and a lift to the airport, again free!! :cool: :cool:

Nige...

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Sounds nice Nige , as it was when i came to see it and have a meal on 2 or 3 occasions i was impressed , i dont expect free things as none of us do but its a nice touch and makes you return , i understand when other people are coming in they need the room , but again last year after a 5 15 am flight , being up all night then traveling we didnt get in our room for 2 hours. arrived at the apartments at about 12 30 and got in around 2 30 , didnt even get a drink of water , although a kind Scottish gent bought me a large ouzo :lol: but needless to say most places are not like that at all . :cool: :cool:

guenuk

Post by guenuk » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:29 am

Al wrote:Hi guenuk

When you arrive I would have a chat to the hotel owners to see if you can keep your room for longer thus allowing you to freshen up and maybe take a nap before you depart for the airport, he may charge you a few euros, but well worth it !!

I know you dont want to talk about coming home when you have just got there but I am sure this is the best way to go about it because if three or four families ask the same question there may not be a room for you come the end of your hols so get in first I say :grin:

Don't forget to pop back to let us know how you got on and you could if you wish upload a photo or two :dup: for the gallery for others to see and share the beauty of Corfu

Hope you have a Great Holiday

Regards

Will do! I'm taking my nikon camera so I should be able to get some cracking pics, I ned to pick up a memory card for it tomorrow amongst other things, I'm currently doing last minute ironing for my suit case.... I must be mad.

Thanks for the advice everyone I think I'll speak to the owners as soon as I get there though becos I like having a base to go back too late at night particularly for my mum.

guenuk

Post by guenuk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Got back today and I haven't slept since yesterday as I was on a night flight, feeling all dreamy and not quite with it! loved the holiday , I would defo go back to Kassiopi but I wouldn't stay in the Lofos again mainly becos of the hill, going up and down there every day with bottles of water and shopping etc, can't fault the accomodation though in terms of cleanliness, the shower and beds were spotless and the room was spacey, the view from the pool was spectacular. To be fair it is only a few metres that the hill is really steep and most people didn't seem to mind but I'm just lazy I suppose but I was walking up and down quite a few times every day. My rep was helpful, the people were friendly and the sun was very sunny, can't fault it, thanks to all the advice from people on here, it was a great holiday and was nice to spend some quality time with my mum.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:47 pm

Welcome back guenuk

Sounds like you had a great holiday and like you say to have the quality time with your mum in
Corfu what more could you ask for,,, well maybe a smaller hill next time :???:

Look forward to hearing more and maybe a pic or two for the gallery after you are well rested :dup:

Regards

guenuk

Post by guenuk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:57 pm

I've got loads of pics, I was trying to post some pics of the lofos hotel in the gallery but couldn't work it.

I think someone would need to create a new file for the lofos hotel so I could then put all my photos of it in there (if anyone knows what I mean?

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Hiya guenuk

I have created a "Lofus Apartmentments" folder in the "Corfu Hotels" section.
I you require any further folders added just drop me a PM or email and I will add them for you asap.

Thank you for sharing your Images :dup:

Best Regards