Spends

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

guenuk

Spends

Post by guenuk » Thu May 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum, hopefully I'm not breaking any 'in house' rules by just posting straight away (some forums can be a bit funny) I'm looking to book to kassiopi probably the lofus apartments sometime in June as a last minute deal for me and my mum (I'm good to the arl girl I am :mrgreen: ) anyways I'm just wondering how much to take as spends each, I'm a bit baffled as to how much to take with this credit crunch, went to zante last year and didn't spend that much (well I wouldn't have spent that much had I not got food poisoning but thats a different story), my mum isn't a big drinker....I am though, so my question is how much should I take in spends each?, I really would like some suggestions as to the recommended minimum really and how much everyone else takes to enjoy their holiday!

If you can also throw in how much drinks are in kassiopi at the mo etc that might help me as well

Thanks.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Spends

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu May 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Guenuk

Take a look at our "Corfu Prices" Forum Board for latest info on this subject.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu May 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi, we are going to Lofos in June aslso , we were in kassiopi 2 years ago , which was when the Euro was better , last year we were also in Corfu , and found it more expensive , we were in Crete in Septenber and the prices were shocking , so we hope kassiopi is not too bad . we usually take around 1200 pounds for two of us , and come back with nothing :oops: :oops: the drink is expensive abroad i feel, the food is not so bad , last year we were paying 4 euros for an ouzo or a kumquat which is now 4 pounds , well dont know about you , i wouldnt pay that here , but we will have to wait and see . :cool:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu May 07, 2009 5:46 pm

They normally charge about €2.50 to €3.00 for drinks where we go but, you have to remember for that you get about 4 fingers of whisky or whatever you're drinking.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu May 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Have to say Rog, i dont see that. as , they put loads of ice in then fill your glass up, well they do with the drinks we have had all over Greece , and if you take out the ice the measure is smaller than we get here , unless your lucky and dont take ice , which in whiskey of course you wont :shock: , so i still dont think the drink is cheap i dont pay 3 pounds for a martini here .. sun or no sun im not doing it in Greece either :sad: :sad: have to drink nero now :shock: :shock:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu May 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Mitera

Where we go they almost give as much away as they sell and they don't put the Ice in first unless your a member of a nationality they don't like. Generally, we have a session during the evening where someone new mentions Cocktails and then they go through their repetoire of recipes and are inclined to give 'em away, not always I grant you.

Of course, we also have evenings when they try to offload the Raki (Tsipouro) if none of you have tried it, it's rather like "High Octane Aircraft Fuel" and really blows your head off. Although I don't normally drink I do partake of a "slug" of this just to prove to our local friends that I can.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu May 07, 2009 7:23 pm

You better tell me where you go then Rog :lol: , ive been going to Greece for 25 years and maybe they did this years ago , I must be a race they dont like though even if they do tell me they prefer the Scots to the English :wink: :wink: :lol: We always get the tsipouraki after the meal :shock: yes it is very strong ,i usually give it to the other half ensures he sleeps all night without snoring :lol:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu May 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Mitera

Cricketers Taverna, Liapades. Been going there for over twenty years ths will be our twenty second year, normally once, sometimes twice and ocassionally three times per year. The third is for wedings and christenings in the winter when the the main road to the beach reverts to a river and we have to use the paths thro' the olives to get around.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu May 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Sounds nice , i tend to go to different places each year ,as for me nothing beats the excitement of exploring somewhere new , in saying that we are going to kassiopi this year will be our 3rd time . we were in Ag gordios last year and kasioppi the year before and the year before that , but visit crete in between times , different places of course , as they say different strokes for different folks though . :cool: :cool:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu May 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Mitera

Corfu is our annual get away from it all. We do go elsewhere. Singapore, New Zealand, Cook islands, The States, Germany, Portugal, France (this month) etc etc. We just can't manage without our visits to our second family in Corfu.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu May 07, 2009 9:25 pm

yes sounds nice Rog, you certainly are well traveled, ive been to lots of places but my favourite is Greece :cool:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu May 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Mitera

I didn't like Portugal.

France, my Sister in Law lives there so we go most years.

Singapore, New Zealand, The Cook Islands I loved it but, the States (LA) I didn't like. In fairness I did break my hip in Auckland and travelled to The Cooks and The States with a misdiagnosed broken hip on crutches so it wasn't the ideal situation.

Germany, we have a friend we met in Corfu who we visit and I liked it if only I could speak the language.

For me Corfu is the place I would have to return to every year no matter where else I had been. We have a car for the entire fornight and visit friends all over the Island so we don't just stay in Liapdes where we now know most of the villagers at least by sight if not to speak to and visit their homes.

This year we have about eight other people who we have got to know who are visiting our village.

Roll on September.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu May 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Rog, i didnt like portugal either , i loved Sweden , and i loved Prague , not fond of Spain , well the place i went to im not tarnishing all of it with the same brush of course but for me personally its Geece i love , not just Corfu. i love Crete also for me ive 5 weeks left then im on holiday i cant wait , im so excited :cool: :cool:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu May 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Mitera

I think when we went to LA it was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure there must be nice places in The States as there is in all countries. It was just that it was during the week of the Oscar presentations and the place was full of "Has Beens, Wonna' Be's and Never Will Be's" so it wasn't the ideal place or time).

We had a guided tour and our Driver was for ever stopping and photographing, with his mobile phone, the lastest sports cars he saw. He then told us about one filmstar he'd met that week (it turned out he'd just passed him in the street.

When he asked us where lived we told him it was Gloucestershire and that Prince Charles was a neighbour. When he asked what he was like we "Hammed it Up" by saying what a nice guy he was and how he just left us alone to live our life. A pack of lies, although Charlie does live nearby, we just couldn't resist the wind-up.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri May 08, 2009 12:20 am

Hi Guenuk

As I have often said, and I add to this, we were paying €2.50 - €3.50 per drink, 3, 4, and 5 years ago. What the problem is now is our stupid pound. Yes it sounds like you paying the same in pounds and yes you would not pay that at home, but the fact is, the drinks in reality are still the same price, give or take a few cents.

Meals out can vary in price, as to obviously what you choose to eat. You can choose a meal of the boards, and only pay €10 or so, go up class a little and the meal can be €30 - €40 per couple, including wine.

My theory is, you go on holiday to enjoy yourself and forget about the problems. So make sure you have enough saved up before you go. We would normally take about £1200 - £1500 for a two week holiday for two. This inlcudes dinner out every night, breakfasts if needed, excursions, trips, boat trips, shopping in Corfu Town, and much much more.

Yeiamas, Chris

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Fri May 08, 2009 9:09 am

It seems that £1,200 to £1,500 is the general rule of thumb. That's what we take.

Rog

guenuk

Post by guenuk » Fri May 08, 2009 2:09 pm

well I've booked today for the lofos, shall be arriving on the 12th June, its all rather bizarre as I arrive at 5 in the morning due to my flight...I'll have to contact customer services me thinks, so if anyone is around the same time as me then I might bump into ya :mrgreen: .

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Fri May 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Im at Lofos on the 15th June , please dont drink all the ouzo :lol: :lol:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sat May 09, 2009 10:08 am

The brighton of Corfu ..erm wheres that in Scotland ? :lol: :lol: :shock:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun May 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Oh my God :lol: :lol: how do you know i come from there ? scary or what .. not a very good site though Broughtys a lot nicer than it shows :shock: