Kassiopi Memories

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

john and popps

Kassiopi Memories

Post by john and popps » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi every body,thankyou for your welcome posts.We have had many happy holidays in corfu,mostly kassiopi wich we love so much.We were engaged there many years ago,on the bench at the harbour opposite Christos"s boat does any body know him.We will be staying at the simmas appartments on the 26th June for 10 days,it will be our annivesary on the 4th and will be celibrating in Costas ,any body their at the same time come and say hello. John and Pops :smile: :grin: :razz: :lol: :lol: :lol: :

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Welcome to John and Popps

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi John & Popps.

Please take a look at our Kassiopi Section, you will find a few members have indicated when they will be going to Kassiopi, some around the same time as yourselves. Perhaps you could post a message, organising a meet up. We all hope you have a great time, and wish you continued happiness as you celebrate. We look forward to hearing all about it and seeing the pictures.

Yeiamas, Chris

Alecko

Re: Welcome to John and Popps

Post by Alecko » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:11 pm

john and popps wrote:Hi every body,thankyou for your welcome posts.We have had many happy holidays in corfu,mostly kassiopi wich we love so much.We were engaged there many years ago,on the bench at the harbour opposite Christos"s boat does any body know him.We will be staying at the simmas appartments on the 26th June for 10 days,it will be our annivesary on the 4th and will be celibrating in Costas ,any body their at the same time come and say hello. John and Pops :smile: :grin: :razz: :lol: :lol: :lol: :
Hi John and Popps,

I know Christos and his boat well. Did you know that he retired last year.? I have sat on the bench opposite his boat many times. He is happily retired and living in Imerolia. We have had some lovely trips with him over the years(30 years this year).

Where are the simmas apts.? Do you mean Kassimis apts. which are right on the harbour.? I know Kostas bar well, Bruce and Maria, who come on this site regularly, live in there. :lol:

Have a great holiday anyway. We will miss you as we don't arrive until 1st.Sept.

All the best ..........Alec.

john and popps

Re: Kassiopi Memories

Post by john and popps » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Alec,The Dimas appartments our overlooking the harbour on the right,just behind the harbour bar upthe hill a bit,they have alovely view and swimming pool.We havnt stayed thier before but have seen some really good reviews about them online.They used to be with Thompsons but know Christos and family the owners have gone independent.There is a video of them if you want to have a look,just type in dimas appartments and they will come up.Christos has his own web sight if you ever fancy booking.Didnt know the other christos had retired,have been on some lovely trips with him he is a character,tried to swap me for his mum one time hubby still thinking about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: .ten days to go cant wait ! Happy hols to everyone :grin: Popps

john and popps

Post by john and popps » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi again Alec and anybody who red my post silly me put simmas instead of dimmas that glass of red must have been stronger than usual :???: sorry if i confused everyone.You probabley all know were they are know ive give you the right name.Enjoy your holiday ,im sure you will your going to kassiopi :grin: :grin: :grin: .Popps

Alecko

Post by Alecko » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 pm

john and popps wrote:Hi again Alec and anybody who red my post silly me put simmas instead of dimmas that glass of red must have been stronger than usual :???: sorry if i confused everyone.You probabley all know were they are know ive give you the right name.Enjoy your holiday ,im sure you will your going to kassiopi :grin: :grin: :grin: .Popps
I know where you mean now Popps. I have never stayed there but know a lot of people who have and every one speaks highly of them. I am sure you will have a great time there. I usually have a couple of drinks in the Harbour Bar which is just underneath Dimas apts. Another nice bar is the Eucalyptus at the end of the harbour, turn right when you come down the hill from Dimas. Say hello to Virginia, the owner, for me.

Alec.

Alecko

Post by Alecko » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:29 pm

bruceandmaria wrote:Hi Alec,
I remember years ago having a little run in with Christos, he ask me why did the English always drink so much, I said it's was to put money in to the Kassiopi economy, he then said if there had been 24 hour drinking in England during WW2, Hitler would have conquered England because everybody would have been to drunk to stop him...I then told him he should thank his lucky stars the "English" wasn't drunk then, because if we had been drunk he would have been speaking German now instead of Greek..he didn't like that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way Alec I don't go in to Kostas Bar every night, there was one night out of the 28 nights last year I didn't go to Kostas, I was so worn out getting home around about 2 or 3 in the morning that I slept from 6.30 pm in the evening around to 7.30am the next morning, I must be getting old :cool: :cool:

Bruce
Hi Bruce,
I had a bit of a run in with him the first year he started up, it wasn't political like yours though. It was about why we were using a particular boat and not his. It is a long story and I don't want to put it on a public site. I got on well with him after I explained the situation and went on to have many trips with him over the years. Because he lived in Imerolia, where we always stayed, we got to know his wife and family quite well.

I can't believe that you missed a night in Kostas' :wink: :eek: last year. Did Kay and Kosta send a search party out for you? :grin:

Have a great time in August, I know that you will, we might meet up sometime or other. My missus can't stand the heat so that is why we always go early June or September.

Alec.

john and popps

Post by john and popps » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi Chris thankyou for your good wishes :grin: .Will try and show pictures when we come backif i can learn how,any help would be most appreciated,also so to put hubbies and myselfs picture up on the forum :???: :oops: .pops

john and popps

Post by john and popps » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi Alec,thanks for that will definately try the Eucolyptus and say hello to Virginia for you.Popps.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi John and Popps.

Give me the word when you are ready, and I will gladly help on both accounts.

Yeiamas, Chris

john and popps

Post by john and popps » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Will do Chris as soon as we come home thanks :smile: .Popps

john and popps

Post by john and popps » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi everyone where back from kaqssiopi, :sad: had a brilliant time,wheather was lovely,Kosta and kaye working hard as usual but fine,they gave us a lovely night on our anniversary played our song,but was a bit embarrased when we had to get up and dance to it,loved it really got abit tippsy though with costas free drinks,god bless him :grin: .Met some lovely new friends Dorothy and Rob also kassiopi lovers,not forgeting the lovely Joe with his mum and auntie and uncle who are kassiopi regulers.Does anybody know them Joes full of fun hes a star,had some lovely nights in Kostas with them all.Did find things more expensive than before,but locals do get a bit upset if you say so and insist it the exchange rate.I dont mind,we love Kassiopi so much we would pay anything to be there.We went to get on the train the second day we got to kassi to go and see our old friends Spiro and Christina at Imerolia,they wouldnt let us get it from the harbour only from the station they said wich i found a bit odd,anyone had the same.Dimas was absolutetly wonderfull,recommend a stay there to eveyone fabulous views and lovely people.Hill a bit of a pounder if your bad on your legs,but well worth it.Down in the dumps now just want to be back there,cant wait till next year.Hinting to hubby for September.Could anyone going soon ask Vikki in Kostas did she get the bag we left with Christos for her.Wishing you all happy hols im sure you will your in lovely Kassiopi,Popps :grin: :grin: :grin:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi John and Popps,

Welcome back, if I may say that. Really wonderful to read you had a great time in Kassiopi and other places on Corfu. Hopefully for two reasons, to tell us more, and for something for you to refer to you may like to give more stories on your recent visit when you ready, and maybe upload some photos to the Gallery. Would be great to see how you enjoyed yourselves.

Yeiamas, Chris

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 pm

HI John and popps, glad you enjoyed Kassiopi , we came back a couple of weeks ago , we stayed at Lofos this time , stayed at Solaris a couple of times before that , i have written a few post o Kassiopi , we had a great time and yes i agree the prices are much higher and nothing to do with the euro , but as you say you had a good time anyway , out forst week was great weather our second was terrible storms and lots of rain , we visited petrinos as always and my favourite Sousouro , we also ate lunch in Kastro and venus and of course many more ,meaning i now need to lose a good few pounds :lol: :cool: :cool: Susie .

john and popps

Post by john and popps » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Susie sorry you were got all that bad weather hope it didnt spoil your holiday to much,every body was talking about it when we arrived.We were quite looking forward to watching a storm from our balcony at the Dimas ,there was a big one about 2.30am our first night but we were in bed and john was fast asleep so i didnt want to disturb him opening the shutters,so i missed it :sad: .We had some lovely meals at all different places but the kleftico we usualy love is dissapointing at strofilia our favourite place :sad: .I to have put wait on its not fair is it we always have to pay for our pleasures :lol: .By the way anyone booking a trip with cosmic gets a voucher for five euros off a meal for two at petrinos.Dont reccomend the two island trip though you stop for lunch just by the airport not the most scenic off places but good for plain spotters.Going to try the parga one next year thats where we had our honeymoon would be lovely to see it again.So much to talk about this years holiday but dont want to bore everybody :grin: love pops

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Talk as much as you want Popps we wont be bored :grin: we didnt get the trips as we were going to go on our second week as my sister was joining us , but of course the torrential rain storms for 4 days put a stop to that :sad: was a rainy day on the Sunday cleared up late afternoon , started later then we had an almighty storm all night , and i mean all night , Monday morning was rain afternoon cleared by two same Tuesday,and Wednesday ,Thursday was beautiful then storm at night torrential friday till 2 then Saturday and Sunday on and off , so yes it did spoil the holiday but what can we do :sad: so it was impossible to book or plan anything , but we made the best of it . :cool: