Kassiopi Prices ( revised )

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Kassiopi Prices ( revised )

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Simon

I agree.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm

As we know from past experience what the Corfiots make during the 6 month summers season, also sees them through invariably through the winter, or to renovate ready for next season. At the same time we have the Tour Operators and Travel Agents offering holidays elsewhere because these destinations are not in the Euro Zone, or in some cases still lying that places on Corfu are full. Thus the tourist is staying away. Already there is a 10 - 12% drop on this time last year. If this is going to be the trend, and no doubt the hoteliers at least will see this more advanced than most, then prices in the Tavernas and Restaurants will be higher. Carrying out research on the Corfu Holiday Problem, I have found that such places as Turkey, Malta, Egypt, West Africa are increasing in tourists this year compared to previous years. Basically, until the dreaded pound gets off its backside (not yet), this trend will remain. Corfu is not the only place that is creeping up in prices.

Yeiamas, Chris

guenuk

Post by guenuk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:48 pm

I didn't think prices in kassiopi were too bad,2.50 for mythos or glass of wine, 6 euros for jug of sangria, 10 euros for a litre of wine, pretty much what I expected reall, but corfu town is a bloody rip off, 6 euros for a mythos!... :lol: and 4 euros for a beer in paleostritska (however you spell it) which costs 0.85 from the nearest cash and carry.

I went for meal a few times in Janis (what a lovely restuarant that is!) ordered from the set menu starter and main for 12.50 and got a litre of wine and it came to 40 euros for 2 people well fed and watered...can't argue with that in anyones money.

Now the money in Albania was a different story, I just didn't get it but it did go a long way.

Kassiopi seemed quiet a tad too quiet but I'm sure it'll pick up, it was mainly jasmine and the music bar over the road making all the noise which I frequented once or twice.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Guenuk

Prices in Paleocastritsa have gone up. Last year I don't think I paid more that €2.00 for any drink. We didn't go into Corfu Town so can't comment on them.

The best deal we had last year was in Nymfes a small beer, a glass of wine and two fresh Orange Juice €3.50 you can't beat that anywhere (not even Liapades).

Rog

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Si

I was merely responding to "Guenuk's" comments on Paleo. Defending it if you like, rather like you did :smile:

Rog