Kassiopi Prices 2009

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

pencelli

Kassiopi Prices 2009

Post by pencelli » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 am

Hi,

we are a family of 5 adults visiting Kassiopi for the first time.

We have NO idea of the sort of prices that local restaurants and bars charge.

What is the typical price for a large beer?
What is the typical price for a glass of wine?

What would a typical meal of 2 courses without alcohol cost?

I would be REALLY grateful for any advice any recent visitors can give me.

Thanks

Geoff

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Kassiopi Prices 2009

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Pencelli.

With the current financial climate, we are receiving various reports on prices throughout the island. It appears that the general consensus is that beers range from €2 - €2.50 for Corfu local beer, and €2.50 - €3.00 for beers such as Amstel and Mythos. Wine is roughly about the same per glass, as the Corfu Beers. You may find at meals it is cheaper to order the House wine by the karaf. Spirits range is dependent on whether you have the named brands, or the local versions.

Meals as described with drinks, and moreso depending on which restaurant one goes to, the range is between €10.00 and €15.00 per person. If one decides to eat and drink where the Corfiots eat, then you will find costs a lot cheaper, (Its a fact that Corfiots will not pay tourist prices, :lol: ). Some restaurants have set menus on view, these too can be cheaper than from the table menu.

Once you have established yourselves in Kassiopi, you will know where the best places are for good food, better prices, or whatever. May I suggest that you read through the Kassiopi Section. You will find some good information from members who have been visiting Kassiopi for years. Write them a question, they will soon get back to you. In the meantime, I hope this gives you some idea.

Yeiamas, Chris

pencelli

Post by pencelli » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:24 pm

many thanks Chris!

We are not intent on being Ebenezer Scrooge but nor do we want to be ripped off!

I guess we will BBQ at the villa some evenings anyway.

Wine by the carafe sounds a good move.

The really irritating things some places start to pull, are things like charging silly money for bread (without even asking if you wanted it).

All that does is guarantee that we would not eat there a second time.

Kassiopi sounds a really nice place, I don't think we will regret choosing it.

Geoff

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Pencelli.

I have friends, some who are members on this forum who have been going for years, and who will be visiting Kassiopi again this year. Some members are already out there, so we should get up to the minute information on their return. One thing to remember for a good night out for all, and will cost between €30 and €35 is an organised Greek Night. I think you will find the local Travel Shop in Kassiopi will have an organised trip to one. Here, you eat and drink as much as you like with Greek Music and Dancing thrown in. A really good and recommended night out. Cannot beat a whole evening out for that price.

Anyway keep your eyes open for more prices coming up, as they get back from their trips.

Yeiamas, Chris