Imerolia

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

pencelli

Imerolia

Post by pencelli » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi,

we will be staying in Imerolia in September.

We have 3 (LAZY) adult kids with us.

We will probably eat in Kassiopi most evenings, how safe is it to walk home along the road after dark?
I am referring to safety regarding traffic.

Our lazy kids will be wanting taxis back, are they plentiful and reasonably priced?

thanks

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Imerolia

Post by mitera » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:17 pm

It is a busy road so be careful after dark , we have been to Imerolia in the evening but the owner gave us a lift home , im sure it is lit but dont recall a footpath, there is a taxi rank across the road from Jasmines we were there in June and we only saw taxis in the rank a few times , we tried to get one to San Stef one day and couldnt as there were none at all , perhaps in the evening it will be different , its not a long walk 10 mins at the most if your next to the square 15 from the harbour unless you try to book before hand , when you see a taxi at anytime in the rank ask the guy for his card , we did then we called him direct and were able to call anytime ,just be careful day or night as the road as i said is very busy but safe if you be careful . i think the taxi wont be much more than about 5 or 6 euros :cool: :cool:

Alecko

Re: Imerolia

Post by Alecko » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:00 am

Hi pencelli,

I have been staying in Imerolia for 30 years now so I have walked that road umpteen times. It can be busy, as mitera, says during the day but at night less so. There is a footpath from Imerolia halfway to Kassiopi, it is reasonably well lit and from the square it takes about 15 minutes. I like to face the oncoming traffic if I am not on a footpath.

As regards taxis, I see some one on another site said they were plentiful, this is not so. There are a couple stationed opposite the Jasmine bar and if they are away on a long trip you will have a long wait. The fare is about 5 Euros, this is a minimum fare and the ride will be less than five minutes.

As you say your kids are LAZY (your words not mine) and are probably used to being ferried around in cars. It will do them good to walk for a change :lol: if there are no taxis available. I am 75 and still do the walk although I have slowed down a bit now.

Have a great holiday, Imerolia is really nice.

Alec.