kassiopi apartments that would suit family of 3

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

rachelle

kassiopi apartments that would suit family of 3

Post by rachelle » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:24 pm

:grin:trying to find to no avail, central apartments that would suit family of 3, not looking for much except a decent size pool and maybe a table tennis table or pool table and pool bar, so far travel agents have been a waste of space, been on line for hours but cant find much ??? please advise ??

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: kassiopi apartments that would suit family of 3

Post by mitera » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi, ive been to Kassiopi a few times and stayed in Solaris apartments which were really nice , this time in June we stayed Lofus and they were nice too , just a little further out 5 mins walk up a wee hill ,there are lots of places to stay Michael Angelo are further out but meant to be nice to , also phillipos ,Bela Vista.. Kassiopi Bay ,even if you got a flight and got them when you arrived , i know thats brave when you have kids but there were lots i saw for rent when i was there , good luck .. if i think of any more i will let you know , also some one here will have more info im sure , when is it for ? http://www.solariskassiopi.com/index.ph ... 24&Itemid= try this site also
http://www.lofoskassiopi.com/# :cool:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Try this link also for more information on accommodation and Kassiopi itself, KASSIOPI EXPERIENCE, that is of course after look at our pages, :lol: :lol: :wink:

rachelle

Post by rachelle » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 pm

:grin: thanks for your reply, we did consider lofus apts but werent sure if they would suit a 13 year old ?? bearing in mind he doesnt need a lot, the problem we have is that a lot of operators have pullled out their glasgow flights, so apart from t.c., olympic, manos theres not a lot of choice, bella vista was also a choice but the pool seems to be a short walk uphill from apartments ?, i seem fussy but am not ! also tried to locate a tour operator that uses solaris to no avail so have emailed them directly. also cant find a tour operator that does kassiopi bay ?, now thinking we should branch out a bit and maybe try acharavi or aghios stephanos tho dont really want to ?? aaargghh!! have been to sidari, messonghi, moraitika, aghios gord, dassia, visited paleo which we loved, the others werent anything special, that was why this year we thought we would stick to our guns and try and book kassiopi !!!!

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Solaris used Thomsons at one point i know that , we went privately both times and got our own flights , we went with Olympic this time to Lofos they were very nice and not too far out but as i said up a wee hill , owners are really nice. pool was nice and the views from the pool were breathtaking , im sure your son would love it there and its only a short walk into the center , Bella Vista , i dont recall seeing a hill as sorts em dont thnk its a problem but they are nice , lots of the apartments are on hills as are Kassiopi Bay , but they are not too big .any of them would be fine im sure , as i said Michael Angelo also but they are a good bit further out , too far for me . i went to AG Gord last year , was ok but i feel the same didnt do anything much for me either , AG Stef the one near Sidari is nice and better for a 13 year old as the beaches are great , but i prefer myself the smaller Ag Stef , not so good maybe for a teenager .what about Crete have you considered that its lovely as well .good luck . let me know how you get on , although i do think if you can get Solaris it would be better for a teenager , but dont rule out Lofus as it is very nice . :cool:

rachelle

Post by rachelle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:38 pm

thanks for your advice, re crete, again we have been twice to stalis and malia, did consider ag nik tho didnt see anything we fancied, also been to a lot of the other greek islands and altho we enjoyed them we feel there is something special about the corfiots ! have made a few enquiries to one of the thomson shops re the solaris which they dont use and also the dimas apartments which someone very kindly gave me a link to, waiting on the assistant getting back to me so fingers crossed. re the hill situation i mentioned about the bella vista, the hills in resort are not a problem it was only the fact we possibly would be 'housed' in the blocks outwith the pool area that we didnt fancy. as far the lobos again its a possibility but we kind of get the impression it would be better suited for couples and the pool doesnt look that big ?? will keep you posted on our deciding destination !!

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:55 pm

HI. places i went in Crete were Elounda its like Kassiopi but bigger , Rethymnon Adele , Koutalafari . which was wonderful. Lofos pool is id say is average no smaller than any other ive been to . DImas looks nice , we went to see it last year , perhaps if you get a good deal on flights you can think about Solaris independently :lol:

john and popps

Post by john and popps » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi Rachelle,We have been to kassiopi many times and the best appartments we have stayed in are the dimas on the harbour with fantastic views lovely family run nice pool area and have a pool table.If you type in dimas appartments kassiopi they will come up but the video doesnt do them justice.The cheapest flight we found was with travel republic,we have booked with them again for next year.Easy jet also have flights to Corfu but arnt taking bookings for after end of June untill end of october.It is so easy to go independant to Kassiopi,we do it al the time.Just book your flight.go on line and book your room ,or phone christo the manager of the dimas hes so friendly and very obliging,ill give you his number if you would like to speak to him personally hes lovely.You can get a taxi no problem atall outside the airport there are always plenty lined up and waitng,the journey is alot quicker than transfers with packages,about 40 minutes in stead of 1 and a half to three quarters of an hour.Its about 50 euros each way.Christo will arrange your taxi for your flight home.I can gaurantee you will love it,once you have gone independent you will never book a package holiday again.Let me know how you get on and if you need any more help.We are going on the 28th June for two weeks next year,when are you going.A must is Kostas bar greek dancing at its best every night 10-15pm and dancing for everyone after,for all ages.By the way the food at dimas is great aswell.Happy hols to you what ever you decide.John and Popps