Villa Imerolia.

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

markday1977

Villa Imerolia.

Post by markday1977 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:25 pm

We are booked in Villa Imerolia in October 2011 and was wondering if anyone had any information or photos of it.
We are going as a group of 4 adults and 3 children.
We have been to Corfu before but never to Kassiopi/Imerolia.
Any additional information would be grately appreciated.

Alecko

Re: Villa Imerolia.

Post by Alecko » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:18 am

You have picked a lovely villa with pool and set right on the beach. Although the beach is pebbly there is a section near the villa which is shingle. Great views across to Albania and you can see all the ferries going backwards and forwards from Corfu and the mainland to Italy. There is a lovely Taverna about 100 yards walk along the beach known for its fresh fish.

You are quite close to a small harbour which is used by small fishing boats and occasionally a small coaster comes in to discharge roadstone from the mainland which makes a little noise when they are discharging, lots of lorries going backwards and forwards etc. Last year the locals were trying to stop it but I don't know if they were successful.

It is about a 15 minute walk into Kassiopi with all the bars, restaurants and shops. Kassiopi harbour is lovely with boat trips coming in and out from down the coast. Plenty of good restaurants and bars as well.

I am sure that you will have a great time. I have been going to Imerolia for over 30 years now but have never stayed at your villa.

Alec.

jacqui

Post by jacqui » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Mark, we are going into this villa end of september for 2 weeks so you must be going in it just after us! My colleague at work is going in it for the week before us too!!! we both work in travel so it had better be good!! lol! My mother & father in law have just come back from a fortnights holiday in corfu! they are regular visitors! while they were there they went to visit this villa as they are coming with us in september! they spoke to the people that were staying in it at the time! they invited them in to have a look around & they said it is massive! it is bigger than it seems on the internet/brochure! they did not get chance to see up the stairs as the electricity had gone off! (good start) LOL but what they did see they were "very Impressed" with & cannot wait to go with us in september! apparently it was their 2nd stay at this villa! I will leave a few hidden notes for you!!! This is what my colleague intends to do! LOL! hope this helps! x

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi jacqui & markday1977

The villa sounds really nice, and I hope you both have a wonderful time in Corfu :dup:

I have found a couple of images and all I can say is I wish I was going there !!!
I can just picture sitting in the second picture with a couple of bottles of Mythos or wine watching the sun go down
and enjoying a nice relaxing evening :dup: drinks :dup:
Jacqui wrote:I will leave a few hidden notes for you!!!
Like a treasure hunt,, to a miniature bottle of drink :wink:

Hope you Both have a Fantastic holiday :suun: :sunb: :suun:

Regards

Al :comp:

pencelli

Post by pencelli » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi,

we stayed in Villa Imerolia in 2009.

here goes, warts and all!

It is very pretty and the location is also top class.

The accommodation is split into 2 sections, the top section has no bedroom views of the sea, it is a self contained flat.
The lower part of the accommodation has 2 further bedrooms, one double, one twin. Access to the bedrooms is up a tight spiral staircase, which makes moving in and out (carrying suitcases) a bit of a nightmare.

The kitchen is excellent and the lounge has plenty of space which our adult children used to watch UK TV well into the night!

Eating outside can be a bit of a pain due to wasps, made more of a nuisance alongside the sea than further inland villas we have stayed at.

The pool is absolutely lovely and a tip to those of you who are concerned about the sea temperature, go in the pool, walk slowly to the sea and it will feel warmer in the sea than outside!

The views of the passing ships keeps life interesting while relaxing with a glass or 3 of wine.

The Taverna Imerolia was "ok", nothing fantastic in our opinion, Janis (try the 8 fish platter) in Kassiopi was good as was the Chinese, Little Italy and best of all (but pricey), Trilogia restaurant.

We used Cosmic in the centre of Kassiopi for boat trips to Kalamaki beach (BBQ), Corfu Town evening cruise and another evening cruise to Agni and other resorts, stopping in St Stephanos (aka Agios Stephanos) for dinner. The trips all went smoothly and I would thoroughly recommend using Cosmic.
We also used them for a trip to the top of the highest mountain on Corfu, the views from the top were excellent. We are using Cosmic for our car hire when we visit Corfu again in mid September this year.

If you have a car when you stay, try old Perithia (an abandoned village) which has 2 excellent restaurants, Lafki for a good lunch and best of all for an authentic lunch, Espikdes, they lit a charcoal fire to cook our Souvlaki & Pita bread.

Kassiopi is a great place to stay, but do get out and about, it is great to see more of Corfu!

I have dozens of pictures of the villa if anyone is keen to see some, email me at pencelli@btinternet.com