Welcome to the Kassiopi Forum

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the Kassiopi Forum

Post by Al » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:17 pm

Welcome to the Holiday Corfu chat forums for Kassiopi
Holiday Corfu is a new style of web site where all recommendations come from the visitors of Corfu NOT advertisers!
Our intention is to build an ever growing source of information for the Island of Corfu.
Holiday Corfu is not a commercial site, but has been put together as a hobby by myself and done purely to pass on information about this beautiful Island.
You can Ask or Answer questions that have been posted by users seeking information.
or you can you recommend where to stay? Which Resturants/Tavernas did you visit for eating out?
Where did you find the Best Beaches? What are your Best Travel Tips?
What Greek Food can you recommend?
If you have just returned from Corfu or Greece why not add your Travel tips to our message boards.
Regulars to Corfu are always dreaming about Corfu and their next visit!

Holiday Corfu is also a place for you to keep in touch with friends you have met on holiday.
We would love to hear your stories about your holiday in Corfu.

Please feel free to join our Forums

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:39 pm

Hello Mrix2000

Welcome to Holiday Corfu, and thank you fro your kind words.

Kassiopi is a beautiful village to the northeast of Corfu, although a quite small resort there is still plenty to do.
There is a good selection of tavernas around the harbour all reasonably priced, also a few well stocked supermarkets (British imported foods) as well as the tradishional gifts etc
There is 3 beaches, sand & shingle mostly, with good range of water sports available.
If you have booked a package holiday, I would recommend you book your excursions locally could be a bit expensive otherwise.
One thing you must try to see is the tradishional Greek Dancing, its a good night out, that you can book locally, and who knows you might even get dragged up to join in,,, Great Fun !!!

Hope you have a Great Holiday

Regards

Al 8)

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Bruce.

I have been reading your thread on a daily basis as it gets longer and longer. The more Elaine and I read, the more we want to try Kassiopi. You have certainly painted a wonderful picture of the resort, its facilities and as you say, more importanly the people.

I suppose in real terms, this is the same throughout Corfu. We certainly have been treated this way in Kontokali, and no doubt other members have been treated this way in their resorts.

It is the Corfiot way. Anyway Bruce, keep adding mate, it is a good read. We are looking at Kassiopi closely.

Yeiamas, Chris.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:22 pm

We are definately looking into Kassiopi Bruce. In your expert knowledge, what accommodation would you recommend. As I have said before, we are out goers, so we are out everynight for meals and entertainment, and usually prefer a beach rather than a pool. But we do like a nice place to go back to at night. Any ideas.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 am

Brilliant Bruce, a great list of boat trips. I do fancy the Moonlight Serenade one, but then I am an old romantic. They are all good. I do not suppose you have any idea of prices Bruce.

Yeiamas, Chris.

baza

Post by baza » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Bruce it says to e-mail for upto date price's to cosmicco@otenet.gr.
baza

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Bruce, we are going to have to stop doing this mate. I have been browsing the internet this afternoon, and came across this website, and thought I will have to let Bruce and the Holiday Corfu know of this. It is a site from Dimitris, which has all the videos of the Horse Riding, plus his restaurant, Photo Gallery etc. According the footnotes, it has been updated at the end of February.

Here is the link:

DIMITRIS OF CORFU

I will put this link into the Kassiopi/Avlaki holiday links.

Yeiamas, Chris.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:59 pm

This is the new weblink for the Cosmic Tours in Kassiopi. I have updated the Kassiopi Links thread also.

COSMIC TOUR - KASSIOPI

Yeiamas, Chris.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:10 pm

Honestly Bruce, :lol: :lol: , are you sure, :wink: :lol: .

Great photographs though. Many thanks mate.

Yeiamas, Chris.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Welcome to the Kassiopi Forum

Post by Chris » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Great news Bruce. Another month booked in Kassiopi. The time will go by mate. Put the problems behind you and think ahead. We are still waiting to hear if I can travel by air this year. It is looking good, but will not book until I know for sure.

Yeiamas, Chris

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi bruceandmaria

Good to see you after such a long time and I hope you both are keeping well.

3 Days to go you lucky so in so, I hope you and Maria have a fantastic holiday.
Pleas pop back when you return and let us know how it went, as it will be
nice to read your stories and maybe even see a few pictures.

Sorry to say we wont be traveling to Corfu this year :( but plans are falling into place
for next year :D

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Happy Holidays

Al 8)

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Already said it mate, but another time will not hurt. Both you and Maria have a great time in Kassiopi. Look forward to hearing all about it on your return next month.

Have a good one, and fun in the sun.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:37 pm

thanky0u Bruce & Maria for coming back to see us, it is so good to have you back on the Corfu Holiday. Again I hope you both have a great time, as usual, and we look forward to hearing all about it on your return. Safe journey, happy holidays, and lots of fun. Have an Ouzo and Sprite for me.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 am

Actually Metaxa is fine mate. I have a bottle here at home, so I might raise that glass each evening. Say around 8ish time.

Have a great time, with lots of fun in the sun.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Blooming hell Bruce, a month as gone by already. Where does time fly when you are enjoying yourselves. Anyway, so glad to read that you and Maria had such a wonderful time, although somewhat hectic and lively. Like you say Bruce, we only have the one life, so lets enjoy it.

Look forward to hearing some more of your lively times on Corfu and in Kassiopi mate, and any photos you might have for the Gallery.

Love to Maria, Best wishes to you Bruce, and welcome home to you both. Roll on October.

Yeiamas, Chris

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Chris

By the sound of it Bruce & Maria are no longer off to Kassiopi,, but in Oct there going to
Kavos to show the young un's how they should party !!

Welcome back Bruce & Maria sounds like you had a great time

See you soon

Cheers

Al 8)

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Taught by the showman himself Bruce. Look forward to seeing the video, and anything else you have.

I was beginning to think that myself Al. I could imagine Bruce and Maria strutting around Kavos doing their thing, and the cheers from all who viewed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: goodjob

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Bruce, I was beginning to wonder why I had not seen much of you since your return from Kassiopi. I no the feeling mate, I had the same problem earlier this year, and had to buy new. Used Novatech, a brilliant company, not dissimilar to the one Al referred to, but nearer to me.

You will find Vista is great. Takes a bit of getting use to, but does so much more for you that it becomes second nature. If you do get any problems then do let me know, and I will give help if needed.

Looking forward to the film, shall be fun to watch.

Yeiamas, Chris

corfuduo

Post by corfuduo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi

We've often visited Kassiopi but never stayed there, this year we thought of finding somewhere to stay independently. Please can we have some recommendations, somewhere fairly quiet, either a small hotel or even a reasonably priced villa. Also can you let us know of the best priced car hire even if we have to pick the car up from the airport. Thanx Corfuduo, Torquay

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Firstly, we1come to our information bureau for Corfu. I have sent you a greeting on the New Members page, hope you enjoy our forum.

As you can see from the amount of responses on this forum for Kassiopi it will not be long before you get a reply from someone who visits there on a regular basis, probably Bruce being your best shot. Until then do take a look at our KASSIOPI LINKS PAGE where you will find some links to Kassiopi Accommodation including Villas. There is also lots of general information that you can browse through at your own convenience. With regards to hiring cars. There are a number of car hire firms on the island. Your best bet would be to type in Corfu Car Hire into something like Google, and you will receive lots of links to this. Most if not all will leave cars, or meet at the airport for you to pick up on arrival, and to leave at the airport on departure. To give an heads up here is one or two to give you the idea.

CORFU CAR RENTALS - VALUE PLUS

CORFU CARS 4 HIRE

CORFU NOVA CARS

AUTO EUROPE

I hope this gives you something to go on for now.

Yeiamas, Chris