Navigators Bar

Ask a question regarding Kontokali or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

yorkshirerose

Navigators Bar

Post by yorkshirerose » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 pm

I recently visited this bar which has been updated and renovated. It looks like a beach hut, beautiful interior decoration and calm place to spend some time. The food is home made and fresh. Would highly recommend to any visitors. I look forward to visiting again very soon.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Navigators Bar

Post by mitera » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Welcome to the site,and we hope you tell us some more about your holidays Yorkshirerose , where about was was the taverna :suun:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:33 am

Hi Yorshirerose,

The Navigators has been one of our favourite haunts on our visits to Kontokali, our choice of resort. However, due to ill health we have not been to Corfu for a couple of years, but looking forward to getting back there soon. We knew the Navigators was due a refurbishment, but it sounds like they have done a very good job on the place. Please give us a run down on what goes on at the Navigators now it is up and running in its new livery.

How was Kontokali. Did you enjoy your stay. We absolutely adore the place. We use to stay at the Aleka, but I think this place no longer exists as the Aleka. We have stayed at the Telesilla, and the Spifti Prifti, although the latter is more to Gouvia than Kontokali. Did you try out G&Ms Bar whilst there. Miltos is a fantastic host, and it was not uncommon to come out of there at 3am in the morning.

Please when you have time, write up an up to date review of your visit to Kontokali and Corfu, with photos would be fantastic.

yorkshirerose

Post by yorkshirerose » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi
The new Navigators is very different to the Navigators of old, the interior has been ripped out; so new toilets, new kitchen, stage area for live music and a bar at the front. All the food is freshly prepared and wherever possible locally sourced. I have been unable to upload pictures but they have a facebook page Navigators Kontokali. It is certainly worth a visit.
Whilst visiting I enjoyed souvlaki at Georges in Gouvia - always delicious! and enjoyed walking through the Marina.
Yorkshirerose

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi yorkshirerose

A very warm welcome to you from me also, I hope you enjoy our little bit of Corfu in cyberspace.. :dup:

It is very easy to submit an Image to the site, Just go to the Gallery select the folder you require, say 2011 folder click that folder
Then select either North, East, South, West and click the one you want,

Then you will see Just below Image Gallery, "" Submit an image to this section "" click that and it will take to the upload screen.

Title: ** Title of your Image"

Image: ** Click the Browse tab and locate the image in your computer (i normally put the Images on my desktop to upload, easy to find) then click "Open"

Description: **Short Description about your Image**

Then Click "Submit Image" wait till you see the "Image Uploaded" then you can do the next... You only can submit one Image at a time.

That's it simple,, before they show online I will need to approve them, should be same day :good2:

If you still run into problems, then email ( admin@holidaycorfu.org ) the Images and I will upload for you
But I will still need "Title & Description"

All the Best

Al :cool:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:18 am

yorkshirerose wrote:Hi
The new Navigators is very different to the Navigators of old, the interior has been ripped out; so new toilets, new kitchen, stage area for live music and a bar at the front. All the food is freshly prepared and wherever possible locally sourced. I have been unable to upload pictures but they have a facebook page Navigators Kontokali. It is certainly worth a visit.
Whilst visiting I enjoyed souvlaki at Georges in Gouvia - always delicious! and enjoyed walking through the Marina.
Yorkshirerose

Georges is one of our favourite Taverna/Restaurants, moreso as they offer traditional Greek dishes, with that Corfu influence, and many of the locals eat there also which is a sure sign of good food. Another great local Taverna was Zorbas, at the Corfu Town end of Kontokali. Again another great eatery, with superb service, a real family business. Zorbas is near to the Navigators.

Looking forward to more reviews and information on your visit, as yours will be quite upto date.

Can you please copy the Facebook page link into your next post. I am unable to find it amonst the many listed.......Thanks.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:57 pm

The new refurbished Navigators Bar & Restaurant is now run I believe by a lady named Susan. I am not sure if she is the only proprietor, or if there
is a business partner. The service is wonderful, and the food is fantastic. However, it does not entertain the Greek Menu so much, the menu is mainly
based around fast food such as burgers, etc.