THE G&Ms BAR - KONTOKALI

Ask a question regarding Kontokali or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

THE G&Ms BAR - KONTOKALI

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:26 am

"THE G&Ms BAR - KONTOKALI - WITH MILTOS"

G&M'S Bar. At present the bar is run by the one and only, let me be your host for the night, Miltos (the M in the name of G&Ms). Incidentally, the G derives from his father, Georgios, who ran the bar before.

The G&Ms Bar is fantastic, fun alround, lots of music, and lots of dancing, moreso of the Greek kind. If you are one of those who gets up and joins in, either with the Greek Dancing, or singing in the Karaoke mode, then a large tray of drinks normally appears at your table, courtesy of Miltos.

Miltos will go out of his way to help you. There is nothing really he will not try to obtain, achieve, or implement to make your visit to the G&Ms Bar complete.

If during your visit, you have a celebration, such as a birthday, or anniversary, or for any reason. Visit Miltos before hand, and he will make the evening go with a bang, and I mean with a bang. If you want catering, he can have this done for you, as long as he has reasonable notice. A birthday or anniversary cake is normally thrown in (not literally).

So if you are visiting Kontokali, (or nearby Gouvia), visit the G&Ms bar, and enjoy a wonderful long night of entertainment. Be warned, be prepared for a late night, 3, 4 or 5am, is not unheard of.

Yeiamas, Chris.

Corfusian

Re: THE G&Ms BAR - KONTOKALI

Post by Corfusian » Tue May 17, 2011 12:33 am

Wonderful to read this post. So thank you!

I am an "oldie but goodie," so I remember when the place (NOT called G & Ms in those days!) was run by Miltos' dad, George, and his wife, Fritheriki. (1968-1971) Even their DAD sat in the corner and counted up the drinks that those of us who had accounts had! (I have forgotten his name, darn!) I ran into George in 2001, and, lo' and behold, he REMEMBERED me! (I don't know Miltos at all.)

In 2001, I had a room out back of Takis', so could hear the all-night goings-on at the G&M Bar quite well. We all loved the commotion and the music, even the fire flies loved it!

Pamela
of Los Angeles

Pavlos63

Post by Pavlos63 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Dear chris, great writing about miltos. Miltos and his staff are great. I call him a few times a few times a year. Nothing is to much for him. I am glad to meet him in 2 weeks.
Pavlos

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:44 am

You are absolutely right, Miltos is a great host, a fantastic entertainer, and nothing is too much for him in helping anyone, or befriending anyone. I too have kept in contact with him, and we also look forward to getting back there sometime and visiting Kontokali, and obviously Miltos at the G&Ms Bar. Again, as I pointed out in your other post, when you return, please do get back to us and give the forum an up to date review of your visit and Kontokali, and any photographs you would like to share with us. Have a great time, give my best regards to Miltos and family.

Pavlos63

Post by Pavlos63 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Dear Chris,

Ik will give Miltos and his family (father/mother) your warm regards.

Paul

Pavlos63

Post by Pavlos63 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Dear Chris,

I am right now at Miltos. I have to thank you for the good information about him and GnmS ofcourse. Again thank you very much and he hopes to meet you in the near future.

Regards, Miltos and Pavlos

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Thank you Pavlos. I am overjoyed that you are enjoying yourself, and have met up again with the great man himself, Miltos. How I wish I was out there myself. I look forward to the day I can return, and meet up again with a great friend and his family.

We look forward to hearing more about your visit to Kontokali and Corfu on your return. In the meantime, continue to enjoy your holiday.

:dup: :dup: :dup: