Takis Taverna

Ask a question regarding Kontokali or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Takis Taverna

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:20 pm

Takis Taverna - Kontokali

http://i10.tinypic.com/2lv0mqw.jpg
(Courtesy of a friend - New Picture shortly)

Takis' Restaurant
Kondokali,
Corfu 49100
Greece
E-mail: tavtakis@otenet.gr
Phones: 30-2661-091981
30-2661-091259
fax: 30-2661-091981

Takis Taverna, situated in the pretty village of Kontokali, some 7km north of Corfu Town, has been owned and worked by the same family since the mid 19th Century. The family being the Gerekos family who are well known in the village of Kontokali.

In addition to the wonderful and inexpensive, authentic Greek food, the Takis also has rooms to rent attached to the Taverna. From what I can gather the prices for rooms run at a very reasonable rate. The rooms have their own bathroom, and are always kept at a very high standard of cleanliness. All rooms now have air conditioning (updated 01/03/2008).

The Marina is situated behind the Takis, although not visible, but you can take a short walk along from the Takis, and accessing the Marina by a narrow road that leads down to the front. There are many other bars, such as G&Ms, Navigators, Harry's, as well as many more restaurants. Zorbas, Phillapas, Georges, and many more as listed in the issues of the Happy Holiday Corfu Magazine.

I have not stayed at the Takis myself, but have visited for a meal, and had a very good evening, before venturing across the road to the G&Ms Bar. (See my other topic). The address and details above are as far as I know, correct at time of publishing. If I find any different I will let you know.

Yeiamas, Chris.
;) :D :D ;)

Corfusian

Re: TAKIS TAVERNA - KONTOKALI

Post by Corfusian » Tue May 17, 2011 12:15 am

Well, I'm prejudiced, 'cause Takis' was the place I stayed at in May 1968 when I first discovered Corfu! Have been coming back regularly. I love that family. SO thoughtful! The food is DIVINE. Was even printed up in "Bon Appetit" magazine! Did you know that dear old Aunt Sophia (Gerekos) is reknowned on the island for her KINDNESS? Now when was the last time you heard a young person marvel and go on about an old person like Aunt Sophia, being famous for her KINDNESS? I heard this with my own ears, many miles north of Kondokali (that's how we oldsters spelled it in "the old days." Ran into Dyan Cannon at a do in West L.A., and she affirmed that she used to go to Takis' when she was filming nearby, years and years ago. The owners are THE BEST!

Pamela, the Los Angeleno

karin

Post by karin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks to this forum I had chance to visit Takis Taverna. Twice actually. The food is superb, the house wines are great. And the feeling!
Miss it already although I was there last night. The souvlaki - I´ll never forget it!
Thank you - without these comments I would miss this place.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Thank you Karin, this is the sort of review we like to hear and read. I too have enjoyed many a meal at the Takis Taverna, and highly rate it on my list of places to eat. It is great to know and realise that our Corfu Forum helps so many, including yourself. Thanks again.

If you have just returned, hopefully you will be posting a full review of your holiday, with some photos for the galler. Look forward to hearing more.

:dup: :grin: :dup: :grin: :dup:

Pavlos63

Post by Pavlos63 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:04 pm

The best restaurant in kontokali. In 2 weeks we will return and hope to meet dimtris nina and the restof the family
The food is great

Pavlos (paul) from the netherlands

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Pavlos63 and welcome to the forum , i hope you have a great holiday , and lookm forward to reading your reports :cool: :cool: :cool:

Pavlos63

Post by Pavlos63 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Thank you mitera

Pavlos

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 am

Pavlos63 wrote:The best restaurant in kontokali. In 2 weeks we will return and hope to meet dimtris nina and the restof the family
The food is great

Pavlos (paul) from the netherlands

Hi Pavlos, we hope you have a great visit to Corfu, and indeed Kontokali, my favourite and preferred resort. We would like to hear from you on your return, and give us an up to date review, with some photos for the gallery. I hope you can oblige us on that thought. Have a great time.