Messonghi

Ask a question regarding Messonghi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Trish44

Messonghi

Post by Trish44 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:47 am

Hello all
I have just joined this forum. My friend and I have just booked to go to Messonghi at the Seaside Studios.
Has anybody visited these? Also does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from the airport to the village.
Have looked a photos of Messonghi and have fallen in love with it without even going there.

Regards
Trish44

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Messonghi

Post by Chris » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi Trish.

Firstly I have moved your post to the Messonghi Forum for a better response to your questions from those in the know, and to direct you to the Messonghi Links page within. Here is a link to your apartments you have chosen, SEASIDE APARTMENTS which are located some 14 miles south of Corfu Town and Airport. Going on that distance I would say the approximate cost of a Taxi to the resort would be in the region of €20 - 30 per taxi.

I personally have not stayed at this resort, or indeed the apartments, but I can say that they come highly recommended as a family run business by reading other users comments. Messonghi itself is a wonderful resort, close to Moraitika. More information on the resort can be obtained from clicking on this link, MESSONGHI RESORT which gives ideas for Excursions, Places to eat, etc.

If you need any further information, do please come back and ask. We are here to help. Incidentally your post above being moved has been replaced with a welcom from the Forum Administration Team. Welcom.

Yeiamas, Chris

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Trish44

I have not stayed at these apartments but I know friends who have and they have had nothing but praise,
the apartments are basic but clean and tidy and best of all in a fantastic location !!

Just below you on the corner of the building is the "Sea Side Snak Bar" (See Below) and they serve a great breakfast!!! and same can be said for all meals really through out the day.

http://i40.tinypic.com/9gd2zp.jpg

Trish44

Post by Trish44 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks Al and Chris for those replies.
I have been to Corfu once before. We stayed at the Sebastian Apartments, Agios Gordios which were superb.I loved the village. just big enough and very friendly. I especially loved the "Lemon Tree" which we visited most nights. The waiters got to know you and instantly knew what drink you would order.
I thought Corfu was a very attractive island and always knew I would want to return.
I hope Messonghi will be equally nice and am really looking forward to my holiday at the Seaside Studios.
Anyone who has any further information on this area I would love to hear from.
Yours
Trish

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi Trish44

If you decide to venture out and visit Moraitika for an evening meal then I would like to recommend my
two favorite Tavernas in Moraitika.

The Rose Garden.
You can find the rose garden on the left hand side walking from messonghi about 700 yds past the turning for the messonghi beach hotel, the food is wonderful, Spiros and all the staff are so friendly and helpful you will feel as if you have known them for years!
You have to try the "Seafood Pancakes" to start and for main "Kleftico" slow cooked lamb on the bone with roast potato's and veg,

The Village Taverna
This taverna can be found in the old part of Moraitika and you may need a taxi to get there but I assure you it is well worth it, the taverna is adorned with flowers, you will be meet by Nikos or his daughters who will look after you throughout the evening, whilst mother is cooking your meals, this is a Family run taverna, the Special starter is just yummy, I could eat that all night, I'm getting hungry just typing this......

You can find a couple of Images in the Corfu Gallery / Corfu Tavernas folder...

If you to stroll in the other direction from your apartments heading towards Boukari you will come to a tiny village of Psara, a you stroll keeping the sea on your left you will come to the Fisherman's Haunt a very picturesque taverna, I have not had food here but the Beer is Ice cold!!! as I have sat there fishing for many an hour... continuing on down about another 2 Min's on the right had side of the road is "Elena's Taverna" the food is BBQ style and plenty of it and very Good value for money !!!! our friend George will serve you while Elena & Spiros prepare the food.

Another Taverna just around the corner is "Taverna Dionysos" run by Emi and Robert, the food here also is very good and all home cooked and homemade bread,,,,,,,,

I could go on and on, I guess I have to many favourites or I just love greek food to much :grin:

Hope it helps

Regards

Al :cool:

Trish44

Post by Trish44 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks for that info Al. Will definitely try some, or even all of those places. The Rose Garden looks very nice and I am a great fan of Lamb Kleftika, also love Beef Stifado and Moussaka, making me feel hungry too!!
Do they do a good Meze anywhere?
I am going with a female friend and now my son and his wife to be are joining us and also have a room at the Seaside Studios. It will, in fact, be their honeymoon as they are getting married on the Saturday before we go. Got to be a "first" going on honeymoon with the mother-in-law!!! I am sure we will all have fun.
I have read about the old village Ano Moraitika and it sounds as if it would be well worth a visit.
Have you any idea what the weather would be like in late September? We go on the 25th until the 4th October. We did want to go earlier but could not get a room for that period, and I really wanted to go to the Seaside Studios.
Have to say I love this site and enjoy looking at all the photos, hopefully I can put some of my own on after the holiday.
Thanks again for all your info
Trish

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Hello Again

Good to see you again Ozzy :grin:

If your in Moraitika after your evening meal just wandering around looking in the gift shops etc etc
then pop in to my favorite bar called "Kalyva Bar", there is a pool table at the back if you fancied becoming a pool shark, and the main part of the bar is set in a tropical theme, very good on the pocket ! and the beer is always ice cold :grin:

And the added bonus is you will get to see my good friend "Ozzy O" perform in his Karaoke show, no don't panic because I mentioned karaoke because you will not get grabbed to get up and sing, if you want to get up and have a go that's good or if you just want to sit and watch the others attempt a few songs that's fine also, it's a Great bar to while away a few hours. :grin:

Regards

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi angel

** Welcome **

I will see if I can get in touch with one of our friends who live in messonghi
and see if we can find out any information for you.

Regards