Seaside Studios

Ask a question regarding Messonghi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Trish44

Seaside Studios

Post by Trish44 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Have just returned from Seaside Studios in Messonghi and have to say I have never stayed anywhere before in such a good position. Everyone was so friendly and helpful especially Achilles and Angel in the Seaside snack bar, where we had breakfast most mornings.
Can thoroughly recommend eating at Minores just a little way up the hill and also Village Taverna on the corner. We also had a couple of very nice meals at a place along the sea front, I think it was called Dionysos. They did a very nice Meze for me one evening, although it wasn't on the menu.
Had a really good boat trip last Monday on the Captain Homer. The wine and ouzo really flowed and most of us were quite merry by the time we returned. We also had a very good lunch on board consisting of Greek salad, tuna salad and nice crusty bread. All in all very good value for 20 euros.
Most evenings we ended up in Berinos bar, just in the alley between the studios and the road. Victor in there was quite a character!! Time Out was pretty good too.
There was everything you might need, including the supermarket, all within a few yards. Wonderful for a lazy holiday.
We are just in the process of booking again for 25th May next year, that says it all!!

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: Seaside Studios

Post by Al » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi Trish44

Well you have made me feel quite homesick so to speak as Messonghi is my Fav resort.
I know it well, the Seaside snack bar we have breakfast there and relax on the beach and just watch the day go by.
You have mentioned all the places we love :dup: :dup: :dup:

You say you went to "Dionysos" was that the one along the sea front going towards Boukari along the road past the Fisherman's Haunt (psara) and turn right and its up there on the left hand side ?
Or did you visit the one on the Beach near the messonghi beach hotel ?

Also the Village Taverna.....I hope Nikos & family made you more than welcome and did you try the special starter ??

I am so pleased you had such a good time and would love hear more and to see some photos if you would be so kind.

Best Regards :goodp:

Al :cool:

Trish44

Post by Trish44 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Just to confirm we have now booked at the Seaside Studios from 25th May to 4th June next year. Simon, you really should try them, couldn't get nearer to the sea if you tried.
Al, it was the Dionysos along by the Messonghi Beach. Very good meals and friendly service. It was the Village Taverna on the corner in Messonghi, near 3K's supermarket we went to. My son, who came with us, said it was the best steak there that he had ever tasted.
I will try and get some photos on here if I can, but my photo manager programme seems to be playing up.
Roll on next May :lol:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi Trish44

Great news you have booked for 2010. :dup:
Which apartment did you stay in this year and what apartment are you staying in in 2010 :?:

I have made an enquiry for 2010 in August and have been offered No 1 and they could put an extra bed in for us.
Have you seen the size of No1 and do you think it would be big enough for two adults, one teenager (13) and one child (10) :?:

I know another apartment just along from the hairdressers and above the "Bacchus" taverna, I think I have there phone no somewhere I will see if I can dig it out and give them a call to find out the prices from there also.
Have a look here:- ** Bacchus ** and scroll down and you can see an Image of the "Bacchus" taverna, and you can see the apartments above.

Also I may be there in May around the time you will be there, I will be running around taking photos etc for the web site, If it all works out fingers crossed, I will pop in the Sea side for a coffee.

If you could let me know I would be grateful :grin:

Best Regards

Trish44

Post by Trish44 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi Al
Nice to hear from you. We were in studio No 2, which is the middle one. We have that one for May next year too. We tried to get No 3 because it has a wider balcony but that was already booked up.
My son and his wife were in No 1. It had a double bed and a single bed in there. It was a very large room but a fourth bed might be pushing it a bit.
We went to the Bacchus restaurant for a meal one evening ( it is only a couple of buildings away, just the other side of Memories apartments). If they do rooms they would be in a good position too. The Memories look very nice but are more than double the price of the Seaside Studios.
Although they are not on the beach, the ones above Minories restaurant look good too, and it says they have a sea view. They are just a little way up the hill, and the prices are very reasonable.
Will have to look out for you if you are there in May. I will just have to look out for the chap taking lots of photos!!!
Let me know how you get on with the rooms.
Jean

Trish44

Post by Trish44 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Whisper
Yes Number 3 is the best because it has the larger balcony. Must warn you though that it is usually booked up. We have booked again already for next year and could not get that one. We usually have No 2 which is the same layout as 1 but the balcony is a bit narrower.
The studios are literally right on the beach. You go down the steps and are right on beach. The studios supply their own sun beds, so no need to pay.
The snack bar below is very good and we often go down there for a late breakfast. They will also bring an evening meal up to your balcony if you don't feel like going out, or it is very handy for an evening drink without going far.
We love Messonghi. All the restaurant and bar owners seem to be related and are so friendly. It was only our second time this May but everyone remembered us and greeted us like long lost friends.
Minores restaurant which is just a little way up the hill is very good, lots of lovely Greek food. Dionysos along the beach front is also very good and popular.
There are 2 supermarkets selling a good range of stuff and just next to the Seaside snack bar there is another eating (and drinking) place and a small shop selling beach goods and a few basic groceries and alcohol.
If you like rose wine try a glass in Gregory's ( next to Seaside snack bar) it is home made, cheap and delicious.
If you walk along to the river there are numerous boat trips. Look out for "Captain Homer" his is the best. Lots of wine, ouzo and good food!!
I'm sure you will love it there and hope you have a good holiday.
Regards
Trish44

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 am

Hi Whisper50

I'm in corfu now, and yes you can get a boat trip to "Sivota" from messonghi river, not sure on cost for this but will try to find out for you.
Weather here at the moment is between 39 ~~ 41 :suun: :suun: :suun: :suun: :suun: and not a cloud in the sky :sunb: :sunb:
Hope it helps a little for you

Regards

Live from Corfu .... :dup: