Trips to Sivota from Messonghi/Morriatika

Ask a question regarding Messonghi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Trish44

Re: Trips to Sivota from Messonghi/Morriatika

Post by Trish44 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 am

Hi again Whisper

Yes you can. We went in May this year. It is a full day trip, quite a long way across but well worth it.
Sivota was a lovely place, we had time to wander around and grab a bite to eat and drink.
We had a couple of swimming stops, called at the blue lagoon and some caves and a place you could get a drink on the way back.
They supplied a couple of glasses of wine and lunch on board and if I remember right it cost 25 euros.
Captain Homer ( as mentioned in previous message) does not do this trip, we had to choose a different boat.
Regards
Trish44

Trish44

Re: Trips to Sivota from Messonghi/Morriatika

Post by Trish44 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Whisper
You can get this trip from the river which is where all the boat trips go from. It is only a 5 minute walk from the studios. You need to go along a couple of days before you want to go, all the boat owners will be there trying to sell their trips. You pay a small deposit then pay the rest on the day of the trip.
They do sometimes come along the beach selling these trips, which is how we booked.
By the way, the studios themselves are basic but clean. The kitchen area has 2 ring cooker, kettle, fridge, toaster and cutlery etc. A good point is that the windows had mosquito nets so could leave them open all the time. There was also a plug in repellant. I was really pleased with this because I usually get eaten alive but only had a couple of bites. If you sit out on the balcony at night with the light on you will probably see 2 or 3 small lizards who come out and have a good meal of the mozzies around the light!!
Evridiki, who is the mother of the owner, comes and cleans several times and brings fresh towels. She is a lovely lady with just a smattering of English.
I must stop going on or I will become boring but I am not alone in this we met people who had been going to these studios for 20 odd years, so that says something.
You will have to let me know your views when you return.
Regards
Trish