Messonghi Beach Hotel

Ask a question regarding Messonghi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Shadowlands

Re: Messonghi Beach Hotel

Post by Shadowlands » Sat May 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Just back from Messonghi. Part of Messonghi Beach is open this year and is now called Ionnian Hotel (the part that is open). They have painted this part outside. Don't think the whole hotel will open though. Should bring a few tourists back to Moratika as it was dead last year I believe. Few restaurants open when we were there. Minore's on the hill and Bacchus on the beach were open. Both great food as usual. Supermarket is also open in Messonghi and everyone is out busily painting. Time Out may or may not open this year and the Sea Breeze on the beach is open already.

mike1908

Post by mike1908 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:37 am

My friend Stefanos used to work there as the security guard on the entrance until it closed but not been able to get in touch with him yet to ask if he is back there working.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun May 15, 2011 12:53 am

Have to say i wonder do they really need a security guard in a hotel in Greece !! how odd :shock: :shock:

mike1908

Post by mike1908 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Mitera, I have to say that he was mostly just saying hello to people going in and out and logging delivery vehicles in and out.

mike1908

Post by mike1908 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:08 pm

I have heard that they have changed the name of the hotel on the outside but not on the inside and that only part of the hotel is open. It may be that the change of name is to give the impression in the brochures that it is a different hotel. Most of the staff who worked there before are still waiting to be paid and as far as I am aware they are now using new staff. On the plus side it can only be good news for the resort if the hotel brings in a large number of new visitors as it was a little quiet in the resort last year.