Our Hols

Ask a question regarding Messonghi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Our Hols

Post by Al » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Hi All

Yes were back in Ol Blighty :( :( after two fantastic weeks in Corfu.
Sorry it's been a while till I put this up, but had to catch up with work etc etc......

We meet some new friends from the site who were there at the same time and they were staying in the Kerkyra Island Hotel that’s the Hotel next door to where we were staying.

We arrived early morning on Monday 6th of Aug at around 10-00 am Greek time, and with all the new security measures I was expecting a very long wait for baggage etc but no our bags came out almost first and that was a big shock !
normally we get ours near the end.

So with Bags all sorted it was out side to the taxi rank and off to our resort of Messonghi which we arrived around 11-00, there was a little traffic due to roadwork’s

There was only a few changes in Messonghi, like there is a new Bus shelter built by the crossroads, also the Big hole at the crossroads is now finished as SueH said in here post, Memories Taverna has closed and is now just apartments which is a shame as there food there was very good!
I was hoping that the Time Out bar might have had a paint job in the winter but no it’s still Pink but going strong, we went there a few times on the evening and had some good times!, as Sue has said its seems to be a more of our age group rather then being full with teenagers, most of the teenagers were jumping in Taxi’s to go down to Kavos for the more heavy night life…
We had some really nice meals in “The Rose Garden, The Village Taverns, Elena’s, Dionysos, Zak’s and Minore’s and a few others

We took a boat trip to the “Sand Banks” now this was a very nice day out
Stopping at a few different places to swim etc, then at the sand banks we went looking for shells and more swimming then it was back to the boat for food and drinks, then it was a steady boat ride back up along the coast to our resort of messonghi.

Now we come to the part where we met " billyd " a member from this site an I will say on record Bill and his Family were fantastic Company whilst we were there, I will probably get beat up next time we meet but I'm terrible for remembering names,,, but will give it a go Bill of course the star of Karaoke for which he was named Rocking Bill,, Steve (Rosé) nicknamed after the wine which we did drink a lot off , Jean what can I say about Jean well she was the Diamond of the bunch, she got bite by the Mozzies and they became infected, did it get her down NO she was always there with a smile on her face, Jean you the Best !!! Annemarie who seemed to always sunning herself and Kelsie & Callum who were always playing pool…….
Also had the pleasure of meeting Bob, Julie, Steve & Jackie all were fantastic company!

I have uploaded some photo's into the Gallery (Holiday 2007) for you all to see.

Regards

Al 8)

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Great review Al. So glad you had a great time all of you, and met a few from the forum. You certainly deserved it, all the work you have put into this website of late. Off to have a look at the pictures now. Welcome back mate.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:03 pm

Many thanks to Billyd and Drea for your reviews of your recent holidays. Our illustrious leader singing in Karaoke, whatever next, the mind boggles as to what else he can do. Hope to see some photos soon.

By the well Al, the photos in the Gallery, brilliant mate. Many thanks.

Yeiamas, Chris.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi Jac

Great to hear from you but most of all it was fantastic to meet you & Steve on the karaoke night, Yes I too wish we had a few more nights together as it would have been a blast !!
As for the photo's for the site that will be great, if you get a problem with uploading then then email them to me and I will add them for you.

We are planning to go back next year around the same time I know billy said he may be there also and if you & Steve were there we would take over the karaoke lol

Thanks for your comments for the site

Very Best to you Both

Al 8)

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi All

Bill & Steve I am so sorry I could not sing the Irish Rover song at the karaoke night...........
Reasons

1. Not sang before :(
2. Not drunk enough :shock:
3. Did not know the words or tune :?

And the same as bill has said " no one sings an Irish song Like an Irishman. "

but next time watch out now that I have seen how it's done :lol: :lol:
Also it was Great meeting you both and I hope (fingers crossed) we meet again next year.
If we all do meet again next year I think we will rock the karaoke also just a thought maybe convert it into karaoke fancy dress?????

Now that would be funny :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Al