ATMs

Ask a question regarding Acharavi or Assist other users to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:56 pm

Hiya Sue

For anyone who is interested the Post Office have a Credit Card that allows you to withdraw cash without any charges being made. Instead of using your normal Debit Card and having to pay charges for converting to Euros it is treated as any Credit Card and you just settle up at the end of the month.

We used it this year for the first time without any trouble.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:14 pm

Thanks Sue for the update on ATMs in Acharavi. I have now added them to the list of ATMs in my thread above.

Yeiamas, Chris

Haggis

Re: ATMs

Post by Haggis » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi All

Can i change pounds sterling in Acharavi and get a better exchange rate, i have always taken travellers cheques?

Thanks

Haggis :wink:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: ATMs

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:52 pm

At the moment in most Travel Shops and Banks on Corfu, they are offering €1.16 - €1.17 less commission of about 1% for business. Here in the UK, having just got some, the best offer I got was just under €1.13. So even with commission taken, you are still going to get a couple of more for your money. I know today I got €675 for £598, on Corfu my friend said I would have got €690. The choice is yours.

Yeiamas, Chris