fan hire

Ask a question regarding Moraitika or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

gally

fan hire

Post by gally » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi we will be staying in marina apartments this july does anyone know of anywere near that you can hire fans from ? thanks :suun:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: fan hire

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Can I ask why you need a fan, as all the rooms at the Marina Apartments in Moraitika have Air Conditioning. However I am sure your hotel reception will help you on that score on arrival. I have been unable to find any hire shops in the village for such items. Enjoy your stay.

gally

Post by gally » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi chris , yes they do have air con at the marina but ive heard its really expensive for a week at around 45-50 euros we have two rooms booked so it could work out rather expensive for us so thought of hiring fans i know some places in messonghi /moraitika used to hire them out

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi gally

I would first ask at your apartments because normally they will hire fans, you could pick a fan or two up at the
gift shop they are not expensive, we have done that in the past and just left them, or look for a local travel company
they may have them there.

Failing that pop along to BAR LA and have a chat to Lorraine and she may be able to point you in the right direction
Tell her Al from the hoildaycorfu web site sent you. :good2:

All the Best & have a GREAT holiday

Al :comp:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Gally, on our first ever trip to the Med, Cyprus in October 2000 we thought the air-con was a bit steep. We bought a fan from a super store (half Tesco/half Iceland!) for about ten cyprus pounds. On the last day I took fan apart (we always travel with a screwdriver set, adjustable spanner, garden twine, rope, duct tape etc) and placed it pieces in our suitcases. Went through customs a treat! Am using it now in this hot weather as same voltage as UK!. :suun:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi gally

DaveD has a good point, you could dismantle it and take it home with you, it is the same voltage etc
you would just need to put a different plug on it for back home :good2:

I think I am going to change DaveD's name to "BoB the Builder" rofl rofl

All the Best

Al :comp:

gally

Post by gally » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi and thanks all for your replies i have actually taken a fan on holiday with me before migh choose that option the price of aircon has gone up quite a lot over the recent years, in zante last year we were charged 50 euros a week , i dont fancy sleeping with the balcony doors open and getting eaten alive either so if the fan wont fit in the case i may have to stump up the money :cool:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Bob the builder lol. Cyprus had the three pin BS plug that we have in UK. So as long as the voltage is ok 220/240v all you will need is the three pin to two pin adaptor which can be bought for pennys. Stay COOL Dave. :suun:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm

Your not Scottish Dave are you ha ha .blimey and they say were mean ha ha rofl rofl rofl

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 am

Grand Closing Down sale here at work. There is five air-con units and they are up for grabs. Just make an offer I was told so offered £5 and see what happens. There is only six of us left so Im in with a chance! :suun: