CHARLIE GEORGE OF MORIATIKA

Ask a question regarding Moraitika or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

suef

Re: CHARLIE GEORGE OF MORIATIKA

Post by suef » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Yes I remember Charlie George, his Dad and his sister also. I lived in Moriatika back in the 70's. It must be very different now. There used to be a taverna on the road out going south,pass the Messonghi Beach entrance, called Makis. It was run by Makis, his wife Vasso and his two sisters. He had a daughter Rena and another baby. Is it still there? I was also very good friends with Spiro (Scorpion owner) sister Katerina do you know anything about her? Really nice to find this site I had very happy times in Moriatika.
-

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:50 am

suef wrote:Really nice to find this site I had very happy times in Moriatika.

Hi Sue. Thank you for your comments regarding our forum. Please see the New Members section for your welcome. Enjoy the Corfu Holiday Forum.

Yeiamas, Chris

suef

Post by suef » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Yassou Chris,

Thanks for the welcome but where do I find the new member section?

Sue

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi Sue
Can be found at the top of the main page, or follow the link below:

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION FORUM

Any problems give me a shout.

Yeiamas, Chris

suef

Post by suef » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Thank you so much. I was very good friends with Makis and his family - even going to his sisters wedding,which was a hair raising coach drive to the village! Would love to get in touch with Katerina. We wrote often, in Greek and English to help each other, I regret that we lost touch. I knew Spiros sister Marika as well,she taught me how to make tiropitas Please give my regards to the families: Makis always used to play Suzanne,Suzanne when I came in - but many tourists later will he remember?!
Sue

samantha

Post by samantha » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

gillians wrote:Does anybody remember this character - I am going back a long time though. He is greek guy and lived in Moriatika with his wife. I stayed at their villa one year.
Hi there. It's Samantha here only just got on to this site as am moving back there soon and the first thing I saw was does anyone know Charlie George if it's the one I am thinking of he is my friend Jaquelines father, larger than life character. She works at the gift shop in Messonghi beach hotel where he used to be head chef twenty years ago, she will know where to find him. Good luck Samantha

connie2live

Post by connie2live » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi, I am new to this Forum and this is my first post.
Can anyone give me general informations about Moraitika please?
I've been to Messonghi and know the place quite well, but don't know
much about Moraitika.

Connie

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Hello connie2live (Connie)

Welcome to the Corfu web site & forums :dup:
hen do you stay when in Messonghi ? as this is our favourite resort, relaxed,laid back no hustle or bustle just a fantastic place to sit by the sea and watch the day go by.
We stay just outside messonghi in a place called Psara.

Moraitika is about 10/15 mins walk from messonghi, more built up with a lot more shopping outlets either for gifts or leather/gold/silver and artistic shops,, Moraitika has a very good selection Tavernas, some that we visit often when were there are "The Rose Garden, The Village Taverna and Zaks"
there are a number to chose from, we enjoy the food in each for different reasons, but every one's tastes are different so I would say try a few and make you own mind up and you will find you own favourite Taverna or two............ :good2:

Almost just opposite the "Messonghi Beach Hotel" which I believe has closed is a large supermarket called the "Three K's" and they stock everything from Airbeds to Zippo lighters and to the other end of Moraitika you have another called "The Co Op" now same as the three K's it is very well stocked, this is the one we use a lot because all the locals use this one also.

In the tavernas on an evening you will be able to find "Greek Dancing" shows which is ver good to watch also look out for our friends
" Ozzy O Karaoke" even if it's not a thing you have not done just go along and watch its great fun, and you wont get badgered to get up and sing !!!
I would NEVER get up and sing (or try too) but I will at one of Ozzy's shows, they are ex-pats Ozzy & Caz and they are a great couple we looking forward to seeing them in August :dup:

As with other you will find places to hire a Car/Bike and push bike should you so wish also there is a few independent travel operators at which you can book trips to Corfu town, mouse Island and Aqualand water park to name a few but again it depends on what you are looking for on your holidays.

I hope that helps a little :good2:

Regards

Al :cool:

noels

Post by noels » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:12 am

hi al
we are going to psaras on 30 july to loulass. maybe we might see you there and meet up for a ouzo or two. Been at loulass for seven years or more.Hope two meet at some stage.
:cool:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am

Hey Noels

We will be there Aug 6th and guess what we too are staying with Costas & Maria at the Loulass, they are very
good friends of ours, we will be in the apartment with the large balcony above the bar that overlooks the pool.
I will be with my wife Andrea and our two girls Abi & Izzy
It would be great to meet up for an Ouzo or two :dup:
noels wrote:Been at loulass for seven years or more
We have been going a little longer than that, you never know we may have bumped into each other already.

How long are you there for ? we will be there for two weeks :good2:

We look forward to meeting you in the :suun: :sunb:

Best Regards

Al :cool:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Hey Noles Family

I must say it was GREAT :dup: to meet up with you at the Loulass and have an odd Ouzo or two :good2:
It made a great holiday even better !
After you, your family, Brian & Mary left the next group in were a lot quieter, and it seemed as if everyone was keeping them selves to them selves,
good in one way but what was I going to do without my Ouzo drinking partners.....
That reminds me that I must let Brian know that Costa's has removed Brian's stool so he could see over the Bar to order drinks rofl
I have already searched for flights for next year, but at the moment they only go up until March 2011, but i will keep trying :good2:

I hope you all had a good journey back home with no delays.

Hope to hear from you soon

Very Best to All

Alan, Andrea, Abi & Izzy :cool:

noels

Post by noels » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:06 am

Hi Al
Sorry for the delay been busy all week. Had a great holiday and great to meet a fantastic family. Tell Andrea,Abi and Izzy we were asking about them. Had a few good nights :grin: and the ouzo wasnt bad either :cool: Noleen says she is learning new songs for next years karaoke when we visit ozzy o karoke show. I hope we meet next year for another ouzo or two rofl . Who knows maybe Brian and Mary may also be back and have his seat back at the corner of the bar :shock: Hope to hear from you soon martin , noleen family :bye2: