Welcome To The Paleokastritsa & Liapades Forum

Ask a question regarding Paleokastritsas or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Welcome To The Paleokastritsa & Liapades Forum

Post by Al » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:01 pm

Welcome to the Holiday Corfu chat forums for Paleokastritsas
Holiday Corfu is a new style of web site where all recommendations come from the visitors of Corfu NOT advertisers!
Our intention is to build an ever growing source of information for the Island of Corfu.
Holiday Corfu is not a commercial site, but has been put together as a hobby by myself and done purely to pass on information about this beautiful Island.
You can Ask or Answer questions that have been posted by users seeking information.
or you can you recommend where to stay? Which Restaurants/Tavernas did you visit for eating out?
Where did you find the Best Beaches? What are your Best Travel Tips?
What Greek Food can you recommend?
If you have just returned from Corfu or Greece why not add your Travel tips to our message boards.
Regulars to Corfu are always dreaming about Corfu and their next visit!

Holiday Corfu is also a place for you to keep in touch with friends you have met on holiday.
We would love to hear your stories about your holiday in Corfu.

Please feel free to join our Forums
Last edited by Al on Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:43 am

Eric

Being sensible it's about a 40 min drive by Taxi this would probably cost 30 Euro but always check first before you agree. Buses do run there from Corfu Town but will take much longer.

Once in Paleo you can always get a taxi up to Lakones, Bella Vista and the latest Taverna The Golden Fox which is something to die for and owned by a friend of ours.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi Eric.

There is a bus service from the Bus Station which is very close to the New Port, where you should be berthed. A Green Bus service runs to Paleokastritsa at 0900, 1200, 1400, and 1600, returning 45 minutes later. You will see that you will be cramped for time.

Rog's suggestion is probably the best idea, but in addition to that, you may be able to agree a price with the Taxi, and have him has your transport for the day, to visit where you want to go. Secondly, perhaps the cruise ship could arrange something for you, if you can gather enough to go.

Yeiamas, Chris.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:07 pm

The factor Eric that controls this, is how much time do you have in Corfu. Normally the Cruisers come in, you have a couple of hours ashore, and then it is off again.

On the short visits I have taken to Paleokastritsa, I have used both beaches, and found both in tip top condition, sheltered. Neither over crowded.

I beleive there is a Boat Hire Company called Ampelaki Boats in Paleo, a mile or so from the Golden Fox. There is also a Glass Bottom Boat for trips around the bays. See the map in PALEOKASTRITSA LINKS.

GOLDEN FOX

Yeiamas, Chris.

corfuduo

Re: Welcome To The Paleokastritsa & Liapades Forum

Post by corfuduo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi
We love Corfu and paleokatritsa is one of our favourite resorts. We went last September on the day Kosmar called it a day, luckily we travelled with thomson but we felt very sorry for the local businesses. As we live in a South Devon seaside resort we know how the local economy relies on tourism. When we visit the resort we normally stay at the Paleo Inn, this year we are considering a flight only holiday and would like to book at the Paleo Inn, but i cannot find their website, can anyone help me? thanx Corfuduo, Torquay.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Corfuduo

Do you mean this one http://www.sunshine.co.uk/hotels/Paleok ... -3773.html? It's the only one I can find with Paleo in it's title.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 pm

http://media.thomson.co.uk/asset/lpp/v00/434/659.jpg

I think Corfuduo, this is the place you are referring to "The Paleo Inn". This picture is from the Thomson website, which leads me to believe that it maybe unlikely that you will be able to book and independent holiday at this accommodation. It does actually say, Exclusively for Thomson customers. Usually the Tour Operator takes the lot, although it has been known that some hotel owners do keep some rooms back. Still might worth investigating.

I believe the Paleo Inn is located in the Algores Area of the resort.

Yeiamas, Chris

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi Chris, Corfuduo

I thought the same :grin:

Paleo Inn

(This works with windows media player)

If you are going to try to go independently be sure to check easy-jet for flights from Bristol, as you just down the road, it only takes us about about two hours to get down to Torquay :grin:

We will keep looking for extra details for you

Regards

Al :cool: