Info needed

Ask a question regarding Paleokastritsas or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Maria

Info needed

Post by Maria » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Hello,

I wonder if someone could help me please. I'm trying to put together a budget for our upcoming holiday in August. We would like to rent a scooter for appr. 2 weeks, would like to go to Aqualand and diving. How much is eating out in Corfu? Does anyone know appr how much is the AC in the apartements?

I really appreaciate all the help and info you can give me.

Has anyone ever stayed in the Nuofaro apartement in Paleokastritsa?

Thanks,
Maria

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Info needed

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi Maria.

We are here to help, so I will try my best. Paleokastritsa is not my usual resort, but invariable prices are much the same.

To hire a scooter is approximately €12 - €14 per day, and dependent on engine capacity, but this is the average price. This is taken from a hire shop in Arillas, just along the coast from Paleo. I have been unable to locate one in Paleo as yet. Will get back if I can.

Aqualand is a must for all, and all ages. You can either make your own way there on your scooter/scooters, which the entrance cost will be around the €18 mark per adult. This is for the whole day. If you were to go after 2.30pm, the cost is reduced by 25%. However, you could arrange a trip via the local Travel Shop or your rep. The hotel will advise you of the Travel Shop. This will be a little more, because of the two way transport plus your entrance fee. Say around €25 - €30 each. For more information see the following:

AQUALAND CORFU

Diving is in abundance on Corfu, and there is a Diving Club in Paleokastritsa. The prices range from €10 for snorkelling, right up to a Dive Master Course for €550 (I assume you will not be going that far). A full price list is available in the link to follow:

ACHILLEON DIVING - PALEOKASTRITSA

Eating out in Corfu varies considerably depending on what you want to eat, and where you want to eat. On average, a good meal of two courses, and drinks will set you back around €15 more or less depending on what you have.

Air Conditioning in accommodations. Some are included in the price you have already paid, check out your booking. If not, it can be purchase locally at the hotel for around €6 - €8 per day. In August it is worth it.

The Noufaro Apartments are located just off the main road in Paleocastritsa in an elevated position. The resort is ideal for families and couples. It's only a fifteen minute walk to the nearest shingle beach and there are plenty of bars, restaurants, tavernas in the vicinity of the apartments. In an ideal location to discover beautiful Paleocastritsa. I have not stayed there myself, but this is from someone who I know who has.

If you have any further questions, do let me know.

Yeiamas, Chris

Maria

Post by Maria » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Hello Chris,

This is great help. Thank you sooooo much :D
I will share this info with my other half and probably come back with more questions. ;)

We are also planning on going to the mainland for a day with the scooter to see the Meteoras. Do you think this trip is possible and it would worth it? Please let me know your thoughts.

Unfortunately the AC is not in the price and the agent said that Nuofaro doesn't have any... which is hard to believe. If you know someone who stayed there could you please ask them for me if Nuofaro has got any AC and what they thought about the accomodation?

Many many thanks again :)

Maria

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Maria

From my experience a trip to the Mainland is completely out of the question by scooter especially to where you want to go. For example a bus journey from Athens takes about 14 hours with two Ferry crossings. You would need to make at least one overnight stop if you went there.

I don't imagine that you would be allowed to take a hired scooter off the island by the scooter owner. This is just my thoughts on the matter and I may be wrong.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Maria, you will probably find that in the hire contract, and as stated by Roger that you will not be able to take the scooters off the island for that purpose. The Meteoras are some 92 miles from Corfu, across land, and I am unable to find any tours that would go that distance. A shame really because they are a sight to be seen.

Corfu tour operators do do trips to the mainland, to Parga which I would recommend as a good day out. Leaving around 9am from Corfu Port, the trip takes in Paxos the islands due south of Corfu, and then on to Parga on the mainland. A wonderful town with narrow lanes and alleyways. Well worth the visit. This would be about €35 - €40 per person.

This maybe of interest, although not possible from Corfu.

METEORAS - MAINLAND GREECE

Just a thought, you might be able, under your own steam, get a ferry from Corfu to Igoumenitsa on the mainland, and then hire a car or scooter in town, and make the journey to the Meteoras. Probably would take a couple of hours to drive the distance. One would have to take in to consideration the times of the ferries, for getting back. The ferries run from the Corfu Port, and take approximately 2 hours.

Your assumption is right, there is no air conditioning in the Nuofaro Apartments. However, if needed, most towns will have somewhere where you can hire fans or AC units, the latter being the best option, but if you get a fan, and you have fridge, stick the fan in front of the open fridge for a while. It does work. The accommodation is apparently of a very good standard, and comfortable. In my opinon all one wants.

Yeiamas, Chris

Maria

Post by Maria » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 pm

Hello Chris / Rog,

Thank you very much for the info. :)

It was very useful. The Meteoras seem a bit too much hassle, but we will be there for 2 weeks, so.... ;) I've been there twice and absolutely loved it, but my other half never been, so it will be his call at the end. The car and ferry is a great idea.

Thanks again
Maria