Welcome To The Roda Forum

Ask a question regarding Roda or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Welcome To The Roda Forum

Post by Al » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:59 pm

Welcome to the Holiday Corfu chat forums for Roda
Holiday Corfu is a new style of web site where all recommendations come from the visitors of Corfu NOT advertisers!
Our intention is to build an ever growing source of information for the Island of Corfu.
Holiday Corfu is not a commercial site, but has been put together as a hobby by myself and done purely to pass on information about this beautiful Island.
You can Ask or Answer questions that have been posted by users seeking information.
or you can you recommend where to stay? Which Resturants/Tavernas did you visit for eating out?
Where did you find the Best Beaches? What are your Best Travel Tips?
What Greek Food can you recommend?
If you have just returned from Corfu or Greece why not add your Travel tips to our message boards.
Regulars to Corfu are always dreaming about Corfu and their next visit!

Holiday Corfu is also a place for you to keep in touch with friends you have met on holiday.
We would love to hear your stories about your holiday in Corfu.

Please feel free to join our Forums
Last edited by Al on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baza

Post by baza » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:28 pm

Will be there in June baza

baza

Post by baza » Sat May 05, 2007 1:27 pm

I am sorry to say the above is now not true. :( Owing to medical problems my Doctor as told me I am unfit to travel and could need surgery. Having a scan this Tuesday to see if they can find out what is wrong. Will let you know the outcome. baza

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat May 05, 2007 5:52 pm

Sorry to hear of your news Barry. I can completely understand how you are feeling on this matter. As you know, I have gone through this myself over the past year.

As Dean says, health is first mate, and the sooner you get it sorted, the sooner you can be back in Roda.

Keep us updated Barry, please.

Yeiamas, Chris.

baza

Post by baza » Sat May 05, 2007 7:34 pm

Dean and Chris Thanks for your kind words the wife and I are gutted. Really looking forward to this holiday.That is where my problem stems from my gut all started with rheumatics in hip joint. Given NEW tablets taken for 14 months started feeling light headed. Told Doctor took blood pressure 170/60 booked hospital waited two weeks to go on the treadmill. But still to high 190/80 blood checked told I was anaemic and losing blood, possible into stomach and low iron count that is why I was feeling light headed, sent home with beta blockers, stomach tablets and they would send for me. Fortnight went by Dr phoned hospital to find out what was happening. Next morning Saturday letter arrived to have a Rapid access Gastroscopy on the Monday 4.20pm which is a camera down the throat. Saw some thing took six biopsies felt everyone. Now back for a scan on Tuesday to see if they can tell what it is. Will keep you informed. baza

baza

Post by baza » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:09 pm

:lol: I am Happy to say :lol: our friends who are now in Roda rang us to say they are having a great time really love the place. Am I glad I picked this one. Every where they go the meals are fabulous and the weather has been a bit to hot as cooled down a bit and that they are going to Corfu town by boat. They have my digital camera so should have some good pictures I hope they remembered how to use it. They fly back on Friday 6th let you know how they did. baza

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Hi Barry.

Well mate, what to say. Firstly a big congratulations to pointing your friends in the right direction. It is so good to recommend somewhere, and then get good positive reactions back. Secondly, it is a shame it is not you, the dreaded illness putting a hold on your next visit. But on the bright side, your turn to visit Roda will come around soon.

We look forward to seeing the photos on their return. Perhaps you could get them online to do a personal review of Roda for the forums. Either way, look forward to hearing about your friends holiday to Roda and Corfu.

I closed my eyes, and thought of the nights (and days) we sailed down from Gouvia to Corfu Town. So relaxing and wonderful. Elaine and myself love Corfu Town.

Yeiamas, Chris.

baza

Post by baza » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:54 pm

Chris Oh how I wish I was with them now. I e-mailed the owners before they went and explained what had happened and sent a photo. They were greeted on arrival like old friends and have really appreciated Anna & Angelo's help and advice given. I was a bit worried that I picked Roda then could not go. But I explained visiting the Roda site all the good reports it would be a great holiday and thankfully like Dean had said great place. Do my utmost to get there as soon as I can. baza

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Barry mate, your time will come round again, and once you are through with this matter you have, you will be out there in Roda again. It is hard to wait, but the wait will be worth it.

Chin up mate.

Yeiamas, Chris

baza

Post by baza » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:04 am

This is just to say our friends returned from Roda Friday afternoon 6th July. They have had a great holiday the meals, where ever they ate were brilliant some of the best they have had in Greece.

Would go back any time Ideal for walking nice and flat lovely country side.
Enjoyed the boat ride down to Corfu town and the stop off at Kassiopi on the return journey they would recommend Roda to anyone. baza

PS Will put up photos as soon as I can get my hands on the camara.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Great for your friends and for Roda.

Post by Chris » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi Barry.

So glad to hear your friends had a great time in Roda, and on Corfu in general. It is so nice to hear news like this, moreso when you have recommended some one to visit a certain place. Well done mate.

We look forward to seeing the photographs. Baza's friends, hand over the camera please. :wink: :D

Yeiamas, Chris.

baza

Post by baza » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:45 am

Our friends came to visit us yesterday and brought the camera and their new Camcorder so we spent the afternoon watching the video which was great just made me long even more for that holiday there. They said they could not fault the place, or any of the restaurants, or any meal they had and they would go back there any time. Maggies where they had the fish they decided on the small size but they still hung over both sides of the plate when it arrived. Then they started to describe the different meals they had had, which ever one they were describing turned out to be the best Greek food they had tasted. Went on a boat trip to Corfu town and on the way back called into Bruce's holiday destination Kassiopi for a coffee break looked lovely, last time we were there June 2005 we had a full English breakfast and that was a great meal. Brings back the memories.
Any way I am really glad I was the one who picked Roda the owners of the hotel looked after them like they were family I had e-mailed them and explained why they would be on their own nothing was to much trouble every where was spotlessly clean and plenty of sun beds and umbrellas to go around and again the meals they had were great. I think that Anna and Angela at the Alexandros did them proud and I will be e-mailing them to thank them. I hope Roda gets plenty of visitors in the future I will be one I hope. :) baza
Last edited by baza on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:41 pm

Brilliant news Barry. We too look forward to seeing the photos if possible when you have time to upload them.

Keep the spirits up mate, you will be back there next year.

Yeiamas, Chris.