TRAVELLING INDEPENDENTLY

Ask a question regarding Roda or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

TRAVELLING INDEPENDENTLY

Post by Chris » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:36 pm

A number of you holiday to Corfu, travelling independently, rather than using a Travel Agent or a specific Tour Operator. For those of you who prefer to travel this way, please find a list of independent accommodations for the this resort. Organising your own flights, etc, may also mean organising your own transfers from the airport to your accommodation. However, check when booking, some will organise this for you as part of the tariff.

BANOS APARTMENTS

Yeiamas, Chris

PS: More inputs to follow as and when known

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: TRAVELLING INDEPENDENTLY

Post by Chris » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Take a look in the Roda Links for more information on other hotels and apartments in Roda

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 am

Going overland to Corfu has been a dream of mine. I have been unable to fly for a couple of years, due to an illness. Although I am recovering,
and should be able to fly this year or definately next year, I still fancy the idea of travelling by car, or even train to Italy then ferry to Corfu.

Muffy, what was your experiences and thoughts on the overland travel to Corfu. There are some threads on this forum that I have started, along
with others, but it would be good to hear it from another party.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 pm

We normally fly independently and same for apartments, although i feel its going the other way now, its much more expensive for us to do that now, with flights ,our own transfers, apartment, we have seen holidays cheaper by package, except with the package holiday they dont go to the apartments we like.my daughter and her boyfriend are going to Rhodes this year with Thomas Cook in fab apartments (we have stayed in them before ) , half the price that we are paying for the same time of year :shock: flying from Glasgow and we have to go from Newcastle :ddown: as in Scotland our choice of Greek destinations is rubbish, so as much as i perefer to give the owner the money for the apartments its getting so that we may have to look at the package holiday again.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Ken,

Do you have a route you take, detailed. We would like very much to give this a go sometime.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 am

Thank you Debs for the route information. I will check out the AA Route map online, and put it into my Satnav for future reference.
As I said, it is something we both wish to do, and keep saying we will do it one year. I understand overnight accommodation such as
Formula One motels are good thing.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Cheers for that Debs. I have been do some research on accommodation on route. You are right with regards to Formula 1s, but there are
similar accommodations in other countries. My Satnav is brand new, and regularly updated. I paid for lifetime updates at a one off
payment, so I am getting regular updates from Tom Tom. If you think of any more information, I would be greatful. Thank you.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:19 am

Hi Muffy,

This is another option we have thought of, which is going by train. We got the idea from friends of ours who took a holiday in Italy, and they
stopped at Venice, and later at Bari/Brindisi, both ports offering a ferry service to Corfu. I have looked into the website Seat61 for routes
and prices. I think it works out the same price for us, as it would with flying. We can get to Paris for next to nothing on Eurostar, friends in
high places as they say. Will look into it for future reference. Thank you.