Couple of Questions - Sidari

Ask a question regarding Sidari or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Mambo

Couple of Questions - Sidari

Post by Mambo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:33 pm

I will be travelling to Sidari later in July with a few family members and we are all in different apartments....Having looked at the map in the topic i found Ektors where some are stopping , was wandering if anyone could give a approx location of Marianna Apts.

First time to Sidari , previously been a staunch fan of Gouvia but trying a bit further a field but what would be a taxi price to Gouvia from Sidari if we fancy a night there

Also getting differing storys on prices , some of them frankly frightening :shock: so what are the beer prices (mythos) and say the cost of a Breakfast or dinner for a family of 4!

Would be grateful for any answers

G 1mnewhere

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Couple of Questions - Sidari

Post by Chris » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:57 pm

http://i43.tinypic.com/hskmti.jpg

In the map above you will see Marianna Apts are situated in the bottom left corner of the map. This is in the area of Canal D'Amour, just outside of Sidari itself. As to a taxi from Sidari to Gouvia, I cannot see you getting much change out of €35 each way. If there is a number of you sharing the taxi it may be a good option. For a few Euros more, you could probably hire a car for a few days, and make the most of it. Which ever way you look there is a recession on throughout Europe and further afield, and effects everyone. The visitor numbers to Corfu are down by upto 10% this year, so it has been noticed that prices have been put up to compensate by some. Some places you will notice a difference, and some places not. It all depends on what you eat and what you drink. Mythos, some places are charging €2.5 - €3, other are cheaper. Meals on average, two courses for two, and drinks, upto €30, but again if you look around at set menus, or cheaper places then it will be cheaper. I always eat where the locals eat. Maybe less of a menu, but the prices are really low, €10 or less for meal and drink each. Breakfast, again, depending on what and where you eat. Have seen them for a few euros, have seen them dearer. What the hell though, your on holiday.

If you have anymore questions Mambo, do let me know.

Yeiamas, Chris

Mambo

Post by Mambo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks for the info!,

Any recommendations for Restaurants , Bars in the area? ( Sidari )

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:54 pm

We went to Sidari for the day while we were in Kassiopi , we had lunch in Memories which was really nice , why not take a trip to Kassiopi and go to Sousouro , by Solaris apartments . its traditional and very good value , or petrinos , Porto by the harbour was realy nice , saute pork in mustard sauce was wonderful , ans i dont like mustard :lol: :shock:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Take a look at the following link, SIDARI LINKS AND INFORMATION you will find links to some Restaurants and Tavernas. There is also a recommended restaurant called Orchards, which is on the out skirts of Sidari.

Yeiamas, Chris

Mambo

Post by Mambo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:48 am

Thanks for the suggestions :wink:

Just the week and a half to finish at work then all systems go!!!!

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:32 am

Hello RronK

Welcome to the Corfu Web Site & Forums, we hope you enjoy your stay :good2:

Flight price from Athens to Corfu
Not knowing the dates your thinking of flying so I just picked a random date and checked one weeks stay.

Athens to Corfu
11/07/2011, Depart Athens 05-20, approx 1 hour flight at a cost of 28 euro.
Corfu to Athens
18/07/2011, Depart Corfu 07-00, approx 1 hour flight at a cost of 43 euro.
Prices from here:-http://en.aegeanair.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Places to Stay

As for places to stay I always book locally myself, as I find it better for us.
Not knowing the Hotel / Apartments in Sidari, I suggest you take a look here and drop them an email
and I'm more than sure they will be able to help you :dup: :dup: :-
Web:- http://www.corfubyu.com
Email:- info@corfubyu.com

Also for Bike / Car Hire etc again get in touch with the above,, Be sure to mention holidaycorfu.org when you get in touch :good2:

I hope that helps you a little :good2:

All the Best

Al :cool: