The Kanali Apartments Hotel

Ask a question regarding Sidari or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

silu

The Kanali Apartments Hotel

Post by silu » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:39 pm

We have recently returned from a great holiday in Sidari (4th- 17th June), our first time to this part of Corfu, and only our second visit to the island. Having been recommended to us, we stayed at the Kanali Apartment Hotel. Wow, what a recommendation. We had a top floor, central room. All the apartments had stunning views over the coastline which the Albanians mountains as a wonderful backdrop.

The apartment itself offered, two twin bedded rooms both with access to the balcony, a small kitchenette and shower room. All rooms were clean and adequately equipped. The kitchen included a small electric cooker, toaster, kettle, a few pots and pans and glasses; sufficient for breakfasts or light lunches. As shopping can be a bit more expensive than home, it may be an idea to take washing up liquid, washing up brush or cloth as these are not left in the room. Similar with the shower room, although toilet paper is provided, you only get two rolls, after that it’s up to you! There is a fitted hair dryer so that's something you won't need.

The Aquarius bar is attached to the hotel, and we enjoyed much time in there. We thought the food was as good as, or better than other restaurants nearby and pricewise quite compatible. But the main attribute to the hotel, was not just the views, or the swimming pool, it was the hotel staff. They all worked tirelessly to ensure our comfort and enjoyment.

The manager of the Hotel is Nicos (pretty cool on the guitar), Spiros runs the Aquarius bar with Kelly his sister (and Nicos’s wife), George (the iceman – because he’s been known to lob ice at the sunbathers) and Steff who served our every need with a smile. We attended a couple of Greek and Retsina nights at the Aquarius and these were great evenings for all the family.

During our time we also dined at other restaurants within Canal D’Amour (the district of Sidari we were staying) and these were not bad either. There are a few English run restaurants/bars; we only visited Churchill’s for a Sunday lunch and the Sea Monkey for a BBQ and quiz night. Of course we also visited Jenny’s cafe (situated on the main road into Sidari town) a few times (once on the day before we left to buy rolls for a flight home – and very nice they were).

We also had a couple of trips out, once in a hired car and the second by a coach trip (around the Island) booked in Sidari. Have to say the coach trip could have been better; not one, we would book again!

The weather was excellent for us rising from early 30’s to early 40’s by the time we were due to leave. A spot of rain on our first day, but then sun, sun,sun! Sidari’s coastline is very picturesque and a photographers delight (day and night).

Was it costly, one of the main questions asked on our return. Well yes and no! No because dining out and drinking is not much different to home pricing, but yes because at home you probably wouldn’t be eating and drinking out every day for two weeks! That said cloths, toys and gifts we found to be dearer as were English products in supermarkets!

Would we go back? Yes we would!

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: The Kanali Apartments Hotel

Post by Al » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi Silu

Thank you so much for your review of your holiday :good2:
silu wrote:The manager of the Hotel is Nicos (pretty cool on the guitar),

It's nice when Hotel / Taverna owners make an effort to entertain their guests, it gives the evening a more homely feel to it.

Also I see you tried to upload a couple of Images to the Gallery but I think you did it to quick as the Images
did not upload :shock:
If you would care to try again that would be Great or if you would like to forward them to me I will upload
them for you, all I will need is the location you would like the Image posted to, a brief description of the Image and that should be it :good2:

Email Al

A bit like this:-

Image 1
Description:- View of the Cricket Pitch

And so on to the next Image.

Thanks again

Regards

Al :cool:

maria-sv-olpin

Post by maria-sv-olpin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:38 pm

We also stayed at the Kanali - Nikos & crew are brilliant hosts, greeting us like old friends - even though it was our first visit! :good2:

The atmosphere was soooo relaxing and with the overall feel of the place we will coming back.

1mnewhere

I've never felt the need to join a forum to express my fondness for a place but the Kanali inspired me to!

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi
We are going to Kanali Apartments in May and its our first time in Corfu so any information or sugestions would be great, places to eat, Tavernas day trips anything really.
Is it possible to go to Coefu Town by bus or taxi or would you need to do it as a trip.

Cheers
Anne

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Hiya Anne & Tam

Welcome to the Corfu Web Site & forums, thank you for taking the time to register & I hope you enjoy your stay :dup:

I found the web site for the accommodation you are staying in which will give you a little insight:- Kanali Apartments Hotel

Also some reviews:-
The Kanali is summed up in one word - BRILLIANT
We were greeted by Nikos as though we were old friends and when he opened the curtains from our apartment - I could have hugged him - the view was amazing. all his team are all great, always happy even after the very long days that they work.
Other families were on their 2nd, 3rd or even 6th visit which to me says it all
The Kanali Apartments are great. Views spectacular. The rooms are basic, but kept extremely clean and there is a built in hairdryer - one less item to carry abroad!. We sat out on the balcony to watch the sun rise (and set). The pool is very clean and has a separate small paddling pool for the youngsters; the pool also overlooks the sea with wonderful views. The restaurant Aquarius is by the pool area and again the views are stunning. Spiro's and his family are very friendly and the food was great. We ate Greek food for the week we were there and it is cooked by Spiro's mother which was very good indeed.
This place is just fab. The rooms are immaculate and cleaned every day. The views are stunning. The Aquarius bar on site is just wonderful!The food is delicious, the cocktails are to die for ( and you might feel like it after several!). The staff in the bar are polite and they love it if you answer them in Greek so it is worth learning a few words !Spiros is the owner and a nicer man you could not meet! The waiters George and Costos are a couple of real nice guys. Do not miss their Greek night ! It is brilliant
All in all we cannot fault this place and are definitely going back. The rooms are kept clean by the brilliant maids. Jeni, the English hotel manageress, however, is the overall star for us. Nothing is too much trouble for her and as she speaks fluent Greek is a godsend! Our daughter had a serious ear infection and Jeni was fabulous, she rang the Dr and got him to come to the apartments to save us the walk into town. She has even rung us back in England to see how our daughter is getting on!
We booked some trips with an agent in town, much cheaper than with first choice. Went to Aqualand, brilliant; did the beach BBQ glass bottom boat to paradise beach which was a lovely day with beautiful crystal clear water. Lots of nice places to eat; our favourites were Aquarius (of course!) The Village, Nicholas and Sea Breeze to mention a few.
So going by the reviews I found you have made a very good accommodation choice! :dup:

Eating out again going by the reviews and which get mentioned a lot are the following, ""Aquarius, The Village, Sea Breeze"" but with that said everyone's taste is different so I would have a good look around and see what suits you and your taste.

I personally have not stayed in that part of Corfu but we have visited on trips out in the car, I would say yes it would be possible to catch a bus into Corfu town for shopping, maybe another member will be able to help you with bus stops and times.

As for day trips I would always try to book trips with a local agent, rather than the tour rep as rep's prices tend to be more expensive!

The trips to look out for Aqualand, Beach BBQ, Night coach/boat trip to Corfu Town, Achillion Palace.
or you could hire a car within your resort and tour the Island at your pace. :grin:

I hope that helps you a little, would love to hear back from you to how your holiday went :good2:

Regards

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Thank you Al
Over the years I have joined a quite few holiday forums :comp: and would never book a holiday without checking sites like yours, I like information before I go as I always think there could be something fantastic just around the corner and you could miss it, so I do value holiday forums :good2: but I have never had such a great welcome as you have given with so much information many many thanks :dup: :dup: :dup: :dup: :dup: :dup:
Anne and Tam

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi Anne & Tam

Thank you for your kind words it means a lot :grin:

I and other members do try to help if possible, if we can help again please get in touch and we will do our best for try to assist you :good2:
Sorry for the late reply this is due to a very big work load at at the moment, rest assured if you post a question I or the other members will
get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you again :good2: and I hope you have a great holiday :suun: :sunb:

Regards

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 pm

We just got back from a fantastic week at the Kanali Apartments Sidari Corfu where they exceeded our expectations in all areas. :dup:
We had a studio on the top floor which had three beds, cooker toaster kettle fridge and lovely wooden beams on the ceiling and you get the free use of a safe deposit box in the reception area. Our room was kept spotless by the best cleaners we have every come across on holiday and the view from our balcony was spectacular . :suun:
There is a lovely swimming pool and loads of sunbeds surrounded by very well kept gardens. The Aquarius Restaurant and Bar which is at the other side of the swimming pool is where we had most of our meals served by Kelly, George and Speros who could not do enough for us and made us so welcome from the moment we arrived. The food was amazing if you are in Sidari you really should give it a try and it is a really romantic setting with the view over Canal De Amour and I had the best cheesecake I have ever tasted.
We went to a quiz night which was good fun and Nicos the Hotel manager got the band he plays in to play for us one night which was great we were all dancing and singing and Spiros and George gave us a demonstration of Greek Dancing. We both really had a great time and can;t wait to go back and see them all again.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun May 15, 2011 12:58 am

Hi glad you had a great time . what was the weather like . as you did go rather early in the season , we went once to San Stefanos in may and it was gorgeous weather rained twice , once for a few hours at night then once all day and all night torrential but had the same in corfu in june for over a week :ddown:

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Sun May 15, 2011 9:54 pm

We had rain one day but we also hasd some really hot days and some warm days so over all it was quite good. Got a bit burnt and was in the pool on our last day but the pool was cold.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Sounds great , have you anything else planned for later in the year :suun: :suun:

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Wed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

We are going to Zante in September

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Wed May 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Anne and Tam

We have been to Zante also and found it very nice indeed :good2:
We stayed in Laganas just off the main strip (Thank god) and our hotel was right on the beach.
Then it was very popular with 18-30's don't know what its like today,, maybe have to visit again just to see
how much it's changed :wink:

Hope you have a great Holiday

All the Best

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Wed May 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Sounds nice , i havnt been but i have friends that have been to Tsilivi and they love it , i would like to go for a week and see what its like , Al ... Laganas is the falaraki of zakynthos lol rofl bet you had a good time though :suun:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu May 19, 2011 4:23 pm

We went to Zakynthos (Zante) in 2006 and 2008 staying in Alykes to the north east of the island. We stayed in a fantastic hotel by the name of Nikos, who took care of us with the highest standards. Alykes is a small town/village, with one bus each way between the town and Zakynthos Town itself on a daily basis except Sundays. There are no taxi's, and the only method of transport from town to hotel is by horse and carriage. From 7pm until 1am the town is full of them. Next to Alykes is Alakanas, a much more livelier town, but with some fantastic restaurants and Tavernas.

There are lots of excursions, but the one we enjoyed most was the festival of St. Dionosys, the patron saint of Zakynthos. What a festival. The streets are full of market stalls, food stalls, festivities, fairs, and much more, with the procession of St. Dionosys being carried by the people of the town.

A great island, on par with Corfu, in many ways.

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Thu May 19, 2011 8:43 pm

We have been to Zante the last two years and really liked it. And we booked this last october but now we have been to Corfu not sure what we will do in the future. Bought myself a bottle brush tree today to remind me of Sidari.