12 days to go

Ask a question regarding Sidari or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Anne and Tam

12 days to go

Post by Anne and Tam » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:58 pm

We go to Sidari for the first time in 12 days, really excited :grin: any information or advice welcome. Staying at Kamali Apartments. :dup:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: 12 days to go

Post by mitera » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Hope you have a great time , i have been to Sidari for the day a couple of times , when we stayed in Kassiopi , it has a lovely beach , and loads of bars and shops . you must take the bus to San Stefanos near you or hire a car and go to Kassiopi and the smaller San Stefanos , Sidari is a busier resort with plenty to do , its too touristy for me personally but im sure you will have a good time as i say lots to do and see :suun: :suun:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Hiya Anne & Tam
Anne & Tam wrote:information or advice welcome
The Best bit of advice I can offer is .... "Relax and Enjoy" :dup:

Reviews found:-
My husband and I have been going to The Kanali for two years and have booked to go back again this year (2011). The Kanali is beautifully situated overlooking the sea towards Albania. The views from the balcony are just stunning. The studios/apartments are extremely clean and the towels and bedding are changed regularly. The studio we had was well equipped - fridge, cooking utensils, mini oven, kettle etc and there was a hairdryer (one less item to carry abroad!). On arrival you are met, usually by Nikos at the bottom of the lane and he drives your suitcases up to the apartments - it is only a short walk to them. The Kanali is situated in the Canal D'Amour area and it is only a 10-15 minutes walk ( unless you get diverted, as we often did, to Jeni's Cafe which sells the most amazing cheesecake and a coffee or beer - she also makes great sandwiches and if you call in before you go on a trip around Corfu, she will make some up for you) to the main Sidari strip where there are a host of bars, restaurants and shops.
We returned home last weekend from Sidari where we stayed at the Kanali Apartments. After the excitement of unpacking, washing and return to work i just felt compelled to write a review on the place. Myself my partner Kevin and our son Jack loved it at the Kanali, it is very clean, spacious has a fantastic pool and adjoining restaurant (Aquarious) The management and staff are very friendly and helpful and really could not do enough for us during our stay there. Sidari itself was lovely with lots of shops and bars and entertainment only ten minutes or so walk from Kanali
This was our second visit to the Kanali studios/apartments, we went in May again this year and it was absolutely great. The room was spotlessly clean and bed linen and towels changed regularly. All the staff at Kanali are cheerful and extremely pleasant. (The Kanali is placed at the quieter end of Sidari at Canal D'Amour, it is only about a 10-15 minute walk into main Sidari town which is full of bars restaurants and shops.) The views from the room's balcony were stunning. Again the pool was immaculate together with a kiddies paddling pool (and no rush for the sun beds..) The Aquarius restaurant, which is situated close to Kanali at the end of the swimming pool and is open to everyone, with its very varied menu was fantastic. We chose from the Greek menu every night - it was great - try their Greek burger filled with feta cheese, with the local Mythos beer
Need I quote more I think not.... I'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday :dup:
If you fancy going on a trip or two whilst your there, try to book trips locally as this normally works out a lot cheaper than your tour reps prices.
If it was me I would look to go to "Corfu Town" now you can do this trip two ways, in the day time, should not be to bad heat wise in may or you can do the evening shopping trip to Corfu Town, to me what ever time you go you will find it amazing :good2:
Or how about a boat trip "Beach BBQ" again another personal favorite of mine..but this is your holiday, have a look around
find a local tour operator, have a look to see what they offer and book what you think would be nice.

I hope you have a Fantastic time and please pop back and give our members your review of "Sidari and the Kamali Apartments"

Look forward to hearing from you :suun: :sunb: :suun: :sunb: :suun:

Regards

Al :cool:

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm

It sounds fantastic can't wait :sunb: . Will leave a review on my return :dup: Thanks again for all the info this is a really great site :comp: , you do a great job.