Terrible

Ask a question regarding Sidari or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

blossom 12

Terrible

Post by blossom 12 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Myself & my husband stayed at the Sellas Hotel :ddown: :shock: :grr: cry: b&b in june 2011 booked through Thomson when we arrived we were shown to our room 109 the fridge was dirty and rusty still had bits of food stuck inside it the knife and spoon in the room was dirty, the bathroom door would not shut and had no lock on it and the apartment door handle was loose we asked to be moved.
They moved us to room 502 on the top floor overlooking the pool the amenities in that room were worse, the fridge was rusty and dirty inside and out, the kettle lid was broke when you made a cup of tea the lid fell off and the boiling water came out the spout as well as the top of the kettle, the taps in the bathroom were rusty and the metal was starting to come away from them, the shower head was rusty and dirty and the shower curtain had holes in it and was black with dirt the room itself is clean it was the amenities that were dirty and rusty. This is all based on the experience we had with our room i do not know what the rest of the hotel is like.
The rooms are basic 2 single beds 2 bedside tables a wardrobe and dressing table they are dated and the drawers smell musty, We have been to Sidari on many occassions and we know to expect basic but they have always been clean this was not clean.
We complained to George at first he was only going to change a few things( i.e fridge shower) he can be a bit abrupt he picks and chooses who he wants in his company. The reps Jo (thomson) & Emma (first choice) both lovely had a word and on the third day he eventually changed everything to brand new, still did,nt matter as it spoilt our holiday. We booked the hotel as Thomson are selling the hotel as 3* when we were over there they tried to say it was a 2* but it is not i would rate it as a 1* I would not recommend this hotel for B&B try self catering.
The hotel is down a dirt track road quite private not much noise apart from the wooden apartment doors closing and people opening them with the keys.
Pool area nice plenty of sunbeds only 6 parasols.

B&B served 8 - 10 am

B&B consists of
Cereal , Boiled Eggs , Ham , Cheese ( which is cheese slices) Apple and French Bread for Toast which you have to retrieve from the toaster with "METAL TONGS"( WHICH COULD CAUSE A SERIOUS ACCIDENT). You can purchase a full english off the menu .
Hotel is central for everything there is a lot of mosquitos i advise a mosquito net and try skin so soft dry body oil the green one by avon spray on at night i have used it for a few years and have not been bitten since using it it might not work for everyone. There is also a lot of wasps, bees ( i have a big phobia) and other insects.
They do a self catering block which is at the top of the dirt track road you have to ask for the annex seen them when i was over there they are nice.
The staff are pleasant Lauren works the bar she is lovely.

Best places to eat are
Fagins, Shakers, Sea Breeze and Marias On The Beach. :smile: drinks :dup: ty:

Best Beach
Marias On The Beach And Canal D' Amore :smile: :dup: :sunb: :suun:

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: Terrible

Post by Al » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi blossom 12

Firstly :wel: to the Corfu web site & forums, thank you for taking the time to register and we hope you enjoy you stay. :dup:

Thank you so much for your review I found it interesting reading, honest and to the point :good2:

As for the mosquitoes, I know they have been a problem for many a year but it has been getting slightly worse for the last couple of years
because I don't think the government has sprayed the Island for a couple of years at least so the little blighters are growing in numbers
which is not a good thing , with that said if you take precautions then this minimizes getting bitten :good2:

I only hope that your not very enjoyable stay has not put you off visiting Corfu again.

Regards

Al :comp:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh dear thats not good. We have never ever had to complain about the accommodation ever. Thats just shoddiness on the owners part and should (as you did) be pointed out to the reps as soon as possible. On the other hand my Mrs wont leave the apartment (on leaving day) without washing all the crockery, KFS etc and tidying the room, folding everything up (come on dear the bus is hear) checking everywhere...you know what I mean? :wink: Oh almost forgot :wel: Blossom.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi Blossom,

I have heard similar stories on this accommodation before. It must have been an absolute disaster for you. And needless to say, it is doubtful you will be using that accommodation again. Did you get in contact with Thomson regarding this. If they are advertising as a 3* or 3T accommodation and you feel it does not meet that criteria then you should get in touch with them. If you have photographs, much the better for your defence.

I will say however, that not all Thompson accommodation live up to that standard. I can recommend the Sunshine Apartments in Sidari which has just received the Thomson Gold Certificate Award. It is a 2*/2T accommodation, but is far superior, and should be awarded more.

I do hope you get something sorted, and maybe some sort of compensation.

blossom 12

Post by blossom 12 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Chris
No i will certainly not be going back to the sellas hotel we have sent in a complaint to Thomsonj we are just waiting on a reply.
I have also put a report about the hotel on Trip Advisor & Holiday Watchdog with photographs if anyone would like to see them.

Kind Regards
blossom 12

blossom 12

Post by blossom 12 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Al wrote:Hi blossom 12

Firstly :wel: to the Corfu web site & forums, thank you for taking the time to register and we hope you enjoy you stay. :dup:

Thank you so much for your review I found it interesting reading, honest and to the point :good2:

As for the mosquitoes, I know they have been a problem for many a year but it has been getting slightly worse for the last couple of years
because I don't think the government has sprayed the Island for a couple of years at least so the little blighters are growing in numbers
which is not a good thing , with that said if you take precautions then this minimizes getting bitten :good2:

I only hope that your not very enjoyable stay has not put you off visiting Corfu again.

Regards

Al :comp:
Hi Al
Thank you for welcoming me to the site
I will not let our bad experience with the Sellas Hotel put me off from returning to Corfu in the future as it is a beautiful Island.
I have put pictures of the problems we had with the hotel on Trip Advisor & Holiday Watchdog as for some reason i could not upload them on here, i might see if i can try and upload them again.

Kind Regards
blosson 12

blossom 12

Post by blossom 12 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 pm

DaveD wrote:Oh dear thats not good. We have never ever had to complain about the accommodation ever. Thats just shoddiness on the owners part and should (as you did) be pointed out to the reps as soon as possible. On the other hand my Mrs wont leave the apartment (on leaving day) without washing all the crockery, KFS etc and tidying the room, folding everything up (come on dear the bus is hear) checking everywhere...you know what I mean? :wink: Oh almost forgot :wel: Blossom.

Hi DaveD
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.
It was'nt good it was a nightmare i know to expect basic but this was awful, i am the same as you wife i like to leave things the way i found them i was brought up to respect other people and there homes.

Kind Regards
blossom 12

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi Blossom,

If you are having problems uploading photos to the forum, alternatively you can email them to Al at admin@holidaycorfu.org
He can then upload to the gallery for you, subject to his discretion (if you see what I mean).