next years holiday

Ask a question regarding Sidari or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

kevh

next years holiday

Post by kevh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi everyone trying to plan a suprise holiday next year daughters 18th and wifes 50th birthday hoping to book apartments direct any ideas please

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: next years holiday

Post by Chris » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Kev,

A double task of pleasing mate. If you can tell us what type of holiday are you looking for, quiet, lots to do, dancing, eating out, beaches, tours and excursions, car hire, boat hire, etc. What sort of resort are you looking at. Please take a look at our forum sections on the many resorts around the island of Corfu. Each one will give you a resume of each resort with links to accommodations, hotels, restaurants and tavernas. Some will have holiday guides, etc. If you can give us a bit more details, I am sure we can come up with something that will help or at least put you on the right track. Other details such as where you propose to fly from etc will help. Get back to me soon, and I will be more than happy to put you on the right track.

kevh

Post by kevh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 pm

hi chris looking to go back to sidari we have had so many happy times there in the past both birthdays around the same time love to eat out beaches exploring corfu love the town just a normal fun loving family of four yeiamas kevh

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi Kev,

I have a friend who works at a hotel in Sidari. Is main job is working the hotel Bar and Restaurant, but he does sometimes come up with some deals. I will see what I can glean from him for next year. This accommodation is normally a package deal, but I believe some rooms are kept for private bookings. The latter allows you to get a cheaper No Frils flight such as Easy Jet or similar. I will get back to you soon, and then we can take it from there.

kevh

Post by kevh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:25 pm

thanks chris will either fly from birmingham or manchester last time we went to sidari about 4yrs ago stayed a zaffries apartments but thay have gone very expensive look forward to your reply

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi kevh, what I am going to mention may be a bit out of order on the Corfu forum butt....My wife and I went to Malia for a two week break and do you know what? it was one of the best holidays we ever had. I was warned that it might be a bit 'lively' but there were plenty of peps our age (late 50s early 60s). We had an unbelievable time, you should have seen the faces when we returned all thinking the worst, but NO it was FAB! There were plenty of young ladies (12-17yrs) with their mums and dads and they were hoping the holiday would never end. We went clubbing (most nights). To party all night and then go to the beach in the early hours to watch the sun come up with my dear wife, and fall in love again.... Remember you only live once. The other place we love is Plakias on the south coast of Crete, but I never recommend it as we love it so much that we want to keep it a secret. Kos is superb too but cant recommend Corfu 'caus we have never been there this year will be our first visit. Another tip is ask your local travel agent. We never book online as the cost is too high. Your travel agent can beat them hands down, no probs.

kevh

Post by kevh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks dave that something to think about but with sidari holding so many happy memories there can only be one choice

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:17 pm

I understand kev, but there are so many islands and so little time. We have never been disappointed where ever we have holidayed. :dup:

kevh

Post by kevh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:23 pm

very true dave very true

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi Kev,

I have received a reply from my friend in Sidari. The Sunshine Apartments only do independent holidays in May and October. June, July, August and September, are done through a Holiday Company and Package deals. However, he referred me to another apartment by the name of Blue Sky Apartments which is located about 500m from Sidari Village Centre. See the link for more details of the apartments: BLUE SKY APARTMENTS. The actual location is Melitsa which is the same locality as the Sunshine Apartments, and comes recommended according to reviews.

As you will know flights at plenty from Birmingham and Manchester, and Easyjet has recently announced their prices and bookings for next year, so it might be a good thing to look at their website: EASYJET BOOKING. I provisionally worked out that four adult flights for mid June is around £662, Monday to Monday for two weeks, flying from Manchester. Of course there may obviously be other operators to choose from.

This will give you something to be going on. If you need anymore help, advise or searches, do please let me know.

kevh

Post by kevh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 pm

thank chris sorry for the late reply looking for a two bed apartment

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:25 am

Hi Kevh, I do not use the internet anymore to book privately as I have found that the local travel agent can beat the on line prices easily. Plus they do all the hard work and you just sift through what they have found and choose what suits you. They can wangle it to tie into what you actually want plus they have every holiday and flight at their finger tips. The most important 'extra' we need is piece of mind with the arrangements made and also a point of contact if things go wrong. Give them a go you may be pleasantly surprised and you will be employing local people with a job. :wink:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:53 am

Thats a good option Dave, but can it work out cheaper, in particular those on a tight budget. There will be obvious charges added by the Travel Agents/Operators. Remember, some accommodation owners have moved away from Tour Operators and Travel Agents because of the charges they have to pay. Did you know that some accommodation owners only receive about €10 per room let out through TOs etc. Whereas if they let out independently, they reap the full charges. More and more are doing this, in particular since the advent of cheaper flights.

Yes there is the matter of insurance and assurance, but if one looks at good travel insurance, book using a card, one is in my opinion just as secure as if booking through an agent. Of course the number of agents going down over the past few years, one wonders why.

Do not get me wrong, we have booked holidays using both methods. Some require a tour operators deal, some require and independent deal, dependan on costs.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi Kev,

I have found the following accommodation in Sidari which has two bedroom accommodation. Looking at the link, I think this might be what you are looking for. For more information see this link: HAROULA APARTMENTS - SIDAR.They are actually doing a deal for this year on child places. Another option with two bedroom apartments is: TONDORIS APARTMENTS - SIDARI

Daves option is another option, and comes recommended as does independent holidays. My wife and I have done both package and independent, and would recommend both, but do prefer doing it ourselves for in some cases, a far better deal.