The shipwreck restuarant

Ask a question regarding Sidari or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:44 pm

Yet another added to the book of things to do. We have friends who moved out to Corfu 2 years ago next month, and they live around the Peraloudes and Sidari area. So we might get the chance to be up the north of the island for a day or two.

Shipwreck Restaurant, very nautical up that neck of the woods I must say.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The shipwreck restuarant

Post by Chris » Sun May 25, 2008 1:11 pm

thanky0u Kelvin, great news for all those visiting Sidari, and for those wishing to venture away from their resorts one day. What muth watering delights are their specialities. What do you and Sylvia enjoy most.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon May 26, 2008 2:06 pm

hihihi Kelvin, and thanky0u for the reminder of one of my favourite dishes, which I think is Kokinisto. This is the recipe I have for this delicious meal. Penned in the must do list.

"Kokinisto (Beef in tomato sauce)"

Black pepper
1Kg (2 lb) beef
Salt
Olive oil
Clove (garifalo)
Cinamon
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1 large onion

1. Peel and finely chop the onions.
1. In a large sauce pan, heat up some olive oil and saute the onions till golden brown and soft.
3. Cut beef into medium sized pieces and saute them in the pan with the onions, till meat is brown too.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, 4 cloves crushed garlic, a pinch of cinamon and four cloves in the pot and stir together.
5. Cook, covered, over a medium heat for 90 to 120 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir occasionaly.
6. Serve hot along with either spaghetti or mashed potatoes.

Enjoy my friend, and thanks. If you think of anymore do let me know.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Congratulations to Yannis and Liz on behalf of all members of the Corfu Holiday Forum, and may you continue to have great success in the Salt and Pepper. Good lukc and best wishes to you both.

Thanks Sylvia and Kelvin for letting us know. How coincidental, Elaine and I go to a restaurant in our home town, well the otherside of town, called the Salt and Pepper. The meals, Mediteranean, are fabulous in there as well. Spooky.

Hope you are both well. Look forward to hearing more of your first year on the island. Hope the dogs are well.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Oh Orchard you sound so forceful, :lol: :wink: :lol: .

Oops, :oops: , my mistake, apologies to all concerned.

Congratulations to Yannis and Liz of the Shipwreck on your recent marriage. May you both have a wonderful and happy life together.

Here is hoping great success to all Restaurants and Tavernas in Sidari and across Corfu.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 am

Look forward to that Sylvia. It is good information to know how Tavernas and Restaurants fare, and past that on to other visitors to the site and Sidari. Cheers.

Yeiamas, Chris