Hi, I need some advise on accomodation, (newbie)

Ask a question regarding Agios Georgios North and South or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Tractor Girl

Hi, I need some advise on accomodation, (newbie)

Post by Tractor Girl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi, sorry for posting in the wrong bit !

As I said, myself and partner looking for a relaxing holiday (on a budget)

Have wittled it down to three and would really appreciate some help !!!

The three are:

Blue Diamond Beach Studios

Star Studios

George Apartments

Looking to book by the end of the week and going in mid July for one week.

Kind regards Tractor Girl ( from not so sunny suffolk) !! :smile:

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: Hi, I need some advise on accomodation, (newbie)

Post by Al » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:16 am

Hi Tractor Girl

Welcome

I have not stayed at the resort but visited,, I will have a search around and see what I can find for you.
Maybe one of our members have stayed at one of the apartments you have mentioned and will reply also.

Regards

Al :cool:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am

The Blue Diamond Apartments are located directly on the sea front, and are a well maintained complex situated on 300m from the centre of the resort. However, it maintains that quiet ambience for that relaxing holiday. All rooms are decorated in the Greek fashion, and have Air Conditioning, and Safe Deposit Boxes. Deposits maybe required for these services. Accommodation is for two, but can occupy a small single bed for a child upto 12 years.

Blue Diamond Studios

http://i40.tinypic.com/qqbf39.jpg

According to other users, this complex is a very friendly family atomosphere, where you are met on arrival. The complex is very clean, and services are second to none, and the accommodation offers all normal amenities. However, this complex is apparently a considerable distance from the beach and the resort centres.

Star Studios

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vdjqyg.jpg

GEORGE APARTMENTS. Read the reveiws and write ups, and see many photos of the accommodation by clicking on the name.

I hope this information is in some way helpful to you to make your decision. If your require anymore information please do get back to me and I will help further.

Yeiamas, Chris

Dawn73

Post by Dawn73 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi Chris, I'm staying at the George apartments have booked through olympic holidays going on 27th july for a week.The pictures on olympic website don'y look the same as the link that you added.The George apartments that we are staying states it has 17 apartments. Could you please look into this form me please, maybe check the website site. Thanks in advance . Dawn :grin:

Tractor Girl

Post by Tractor Girl » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi there, I really appreciate your post, thanks very much, could not find the George apartments anywhere.

Am really surpised to find that the Star studios have gone up 50pp since last night !!

Is this usual ??

Anyway thanks to your review of the George apartments we have discarded it as would rather be on a bit of a bigger site so as to meet other people and have a bit more of an atmosphere.

Do you know whether most of your users book through Libra and Olympic as these seem to be the most financially competitive ??

Once again many thanks for taking the time to reply and searching out the George apartments for me.

Tractor girl.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:26 am

Dawn, I do not quite understand your question. The George Studios I have posted are those situated in St. Georges South. They have recently been refurbished, so may appear different to what you might have seen.

Tractor Girl, my pleasure. People book through a variety of different agencies. Some on package deals through such companies as Libra and Olympic, some through Thomson and Thomas Cook. Some prefer to a DIY holiday where they find the accommodation, and book it, and then take a flight only. Can work out cheaper sometimes. There are some Corfu companies, who will book everything for you. The choices are numerous, and it is an individual decision.

Prices do vary according to season. May will definately be slightly cheaper than June, and they normally change on the first Monday of the month. You can have a holiday in May or October for a couple of hundred pounds or just over, rising to more than double that in the summer months.

If there is anything else I can help you with do let me know.

Yeiamas, Chris

Dawn73

Post by Dawn73 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:50 am

Hi Chris,
Thanks for looking into this for me, that is why it looks different then, does the george apartments have a pool ? I can't seem to find any reviews on the george apartments, can you maybe help please.

Thanks in advance

Dawn :smile: :smile:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Dawn.

Because of the fact that the apartments are located on the beach, and the fact that they are apartments rather than studios or hotels, is the reason why they do not advertise a swimming pool. I can find not reference to a swimming pool at all. Reviews are about in small numbers, and come with recommendations. Again I must reiterate, the accommodation and holiday you choose can not be defined by others thoughts, it is really what you make it. I have said before, I stayed in a hotel in Gouvia that had really bad reviews which we found after booking and paying. Without a doubt, this was one of our best holidays, and places to stay. So reviews to me mean nothing.

Yeiamas, Chris