Greek Wines

Welcome to the Pool Side, A place to chat about anything

Moderator: Al

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Greek Wines

Post by mitera » Sun May 30, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi Len try this site http://www.yamaswines.co.uk/products.php?cat=2 :cool: although my favourite is Kourtaki Retsina :cool:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon May 31, 2010 11:58 am

Hi Len.

I have searched high and low for you on trying to find the Sitia Wine, but so far no luck. There use to be a Mega Greek Wine and Deli Store in Weymouth, not far from me who stocked all Greek Wines, and I am sure they would have had this one in stock also. Sadly for reasons I have yet to find out, they have closed along with their hotel and taverna business. Sad, had some great times down there.

Incidentally, one of my favourite Greek Wines, and hard to come by over here in the UK, but George did sell it at the Greek Wine Store above is PAVLOU Xynomavro/Syrah P62. A full bodid, medium sweet red. Similar but not so sweet as the Mavrodaphne. A nice fruity flavour with a good taste of cherry.

I will continue looking around for you on the Sitia Wine, and get back if I find anything.

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Google Nico Manessis- open the article headed Greek Wine World and there is a link where you can contact him- he will certainly know the answer to your question

Admin Edit,
Nico Manessis, Direct link:-
Greek Wine World Contact