New property rates charges?

Welcome to the Pool Side, A place to chat about anything

Moderator: Al

nutzy

New property rates charges?

Post by nutzy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi all, does anyone know what the correct new property rates are going to be in Corfu. We are about to sign for a piece of land near Sidari. It has an oldish building without a roof on it. Will there be land tax if we don't build on it? I've read different sqm prices varying from E4.00 to E30.00psqm for buildings up to 80sqm. E50psqm from 81sqm to 120sqm and more as the size increases. Rates on external pools vary from no rates on pools up to 25sqm to E30psqm no matter what size. Indoor pools will be E60.00psqm. I've also heard that more rural land and older building will have lower rates charged. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nutzy :shock:

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: New property rates charges?

Post by janmanessi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:01 pm

please don;t rely on one reply from a forum, although doubtless well meant. Get advice from an accountant. I suggest contacting Spiros Krokidis office in Corfu Town as his staff speak English, and he is by far the most experienced accountant on the island.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: New property rates charges?

Post by mitera » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi, nutzy,
This is something to be looked into by an accountant , i would take Jans advice as she lives in Greece and knows more about these things than we in the UK may know .hope all goes well . :suun: