BMI

Welcome to the Pool Side, A place to chat about anything

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

BMI

Post by Chris » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:43 am

I heard and saw through another media that BMI Baby had announced a route to Corfu starting next year, May to October from the East Midlands. With announcement of the possibility that BA may by out BMI from Luthansa, thus increasing its slots at Heathrow to 53%, would this have effect on BMI and BMI Baby flights. By this I mean, it would be in BAs interest to use these slots for long haul, rather than short haul, thereby taking away routes from other airports, or on the other hand would this increase short haul routes from local airports.

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: BMI

Post by DaveD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 pm

The way things are going in Greece may put off a lot of airlines. Already whole fleets of charter 'planes are being mothballed. Sorry.

handyman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by handyman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi.
Always look on the bright side of life ... oho..!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Some holiday companies report that bookings for next year are up for Greece. However, whislt out shopping yesterday I looked in on three different Travel Agents, and they all said because of the Greek situation, bookings are down, and down by a lot on this time in previous years.

I think Greece has to do a lot and prove itself before there is a take up on such things as holidays. I hope I am wrong, as we all do, but lets be honest, Greece is not helping themselves at the moment.