Rough weather

Welcome to the Pool Side, A place to chat about anything

Moderator: Al

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rough weather

Post by DaveD » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Tonight my thoughts are with our Scottish members. Hold on tight girls its a rough one. 165mph is a bit over the top for us southern softies.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Rough weather

Post by mitera » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Cheers Dave , its a pure belter out there !! the winds are very strong , today my daughter was at work , and her desk sits by a large window, she usualy goes to lunch at 1-2pm but her boss asked her if she could take an earlier lunch , she did and thank goodness she did.. just a few minutes after she left the window blew in like a bomb going off, there was glass everywhere .. her desk was covered in hundreds of shards of glass, thank god she wasnt there. later on i went to the car to go and pick my hubby up from work as he didnt have the works van today, i came out the house turned to go to the car and fell over a workmans sign that had blown over :shock: :shock: busted my knee and more important ruined my street cred by being sprawled over the pavement in the belting rain, and wind , nice sight :wink: :wink: NOT !!! so the sooner the "Hurricane Bawbag "effs off the better thanks for you good wishes :suun: :suun: :suun:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Better have a few drams before bed tonight. Your daughter was lucky though, bet she moves away from that window! Just hold on tight and in a few hours it will be over. What am I thinking of you wont be able to sleep. Stay downstairs and have a few drams. Good luck, Dave. :suun:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Sorry, what am I thinking of...have a LARGE one on Me. drinks

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:07 am

I hope Susie and family got through the day and night OK. Having watched the storms on the news channels, my thoughts go out to all up that end of the country. Your daughter Susie was very lucky, and I hope she requests to move away from the window area in future.

However, I cannot help thinking when I see weather storms like this, of my days in the Navy and being at sea, many a time, off the north west coast of Scotland on exercises. How short the meal queues were, or having meals delivered to where one was on watch. Well a 2500 ton frigate, or 4500 ton destroyer does bounce around a bit at sea, but thankfully it did not bother me. Those were the days.

Keep safe everyone, there is more on the way so they say.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Dave, a large one would be most welcome :wink: and Chris, i dont know how you could have eaten on a boat cook3 , although what a fab idea for weight loss i think i might book myself a few weeks on a boat , id be a size 10 in no time lol. thanks for the good wishes , were a hardy bunch here we will be fine :shock: :shock: :good2:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:52 pm

I always thought you were a size 10. :wink:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Ha ha ha ha add another zero you might be correct lol cry: cry: