Post by DaveD » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:03 am

Yesterday I could'nt even spell PENSIONER and today I are one! drinks

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: Pensioner

Post by Al » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Dave
DaveD wrote:Yesterday I couldn't even spell PENSIONER and today I are one!
If you look at the word PENSIONER it's not because you are of that age, but if you look at it more as a status symbol
of a person that has gained life's knowledge and always remember age is but a number :good2: :spec:

Regards

Al :comp:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Cor Al, thanks, your a mate :good2:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Dave

How silly of me should have put two & two together.....
Hope you have a fantastic Birthday Dave !!!!

All the Best

Al :comp:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Best Wishes on your birthday and retirement. May enjoy the relaxing (maybe) times ahead. Hope you had a great time.

Keira

Post by Keira » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 pm

DECEMBER 28 th my birthday too !!!!!! and I HATE IT !!!! :grr: :grr: K

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Happy Birthday Keira xx drinks

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:50 am

Happy Birthday Keira[/color][/i][/b]

j2Pk7AggT2Y

handyman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by handyman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Keira wrote:DECEMBER 28 th my birthday too !!!!!! and I HATE IT !!!! :grr: :grr: K
Gia sou K. Ti kanis ???
:wink: :wink: :wink:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm

So far being a pensioner has rewards.
1) My Mrs has retired too and we dont get up till 9.0am every morning.
2)We go for an hours walk every day.
3) We go into town, look around the shops, have a coffee, have lunch out and come home and have a kip.
4)We have two glasses of wine each, each day.
5) We have decided that two cars is one car too many. We road test one car each week. We drive the sales persons mad. They ring us and the deal gets better. We are playing the VW off against the Nissan. This could go on for a couple of months yet.
6) We are going to try out a Gym. There are a couple around Peterborough and what we are doing with the car applies to Gym membership. Price is coming down.
7) A little dog from a rescue centre looks like a good idea.
8) Have had the loft insulated and am having the cavity walls done on 31st Jan, all paid with a grant.
9) Its amazing what books you can find in 2nd hand charity shops!!
10) We have the dining room table for jigsaw puzzles (Mrs is an expert at these devils) six done since Christmas!
Time for bed now. :dup:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Elaine and myself have been talking in a similar fashion, although there is ten years between us, she will not retire until 2026 at the age of 66 or even higher under this new government crap legislation. This in reality does not give us time to enjoy much of a retirement together. So we have decided on the following:

1) I shall reach retirement age in 2016. On notification of my State Penison, we have decided that Elaine will reduce her hours/days at work in accordance with that figure, so we are basically receiving the same as we are now, maybe with a little extra. This way we can enjoy some time together.
2) We like walking, but I need to have someone with me, as on occasions my legs may give out, and I am stranded. At present my walks are short and close to home when Elaine is at work.
3) We love doing just this, including Garden Centres, Parks, and Gardens in addition. We could do more, rather than waiting for holiday times.
4) We have one or two glasses of wine per day, preferably red.
5) We only have the one car which Elaine uses to get to work and back. With a few days off together each week, we could further afield with the one car.
6) We tried a Gym once, and we were treated like leppers, as we did not meet the criteria of the main flux of those attending. We do go swimming now and then.
7) Because of the bad experience of the Gym, we got ourselves a small dog, a Jack Russel called Spiros (honestly). He accompanies me, and the both of us on walks, is good off the lead, and ensures we have a generous walk with him. We do have trouble going past the Fish and Chip shop on the way back. He darts in there.
8) We have a Council Flat which has been upgraded with a new hot water tank. However, we are hoping to move to a one bedroom bungalow soon due to my disability (we are on a first floor at the moment). Once the property come empty, the Council will replace the Central Heating for gas, a new combi system or whatever they are called now, and insulation.
9) Likewise we have many old book shops and libraries in and around the area, and both love reading.
10) Elaine likes her knitting, moreso since the arrival of grandchildren etc. As for me, I like a little gardening, model making and wine making.

Fingers crossed, we can work something out and spend lots of quality time together without the burden of work.